Those who sat Adv. English (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
I cant even remember how many pages i wrote. As Hung said, read through the exam thoughts thread and you'll get a general idea.

Why is it worth knowing though?

spangacrab

HSC
Paper 2 = 21-22 pages all up

Paper 1 = fuck paper 1, its shit.

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Out of curiosity/interest for us 08'rs how many pages did u write and time u spent in:

Paper 1
Creative Writing -
Journeys Essay -

Paper 2
Module A -
Module B -
Module C -

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lol um , theres this in the other .. exam thoughts thread , dude =]

and isnt your username some nasal spray ? fuck its expensive :p

ashleypage

HSC
Jerruy said:
DROP ADV ENGLISH!!! not worth the fuss
Don't drop advanced =|
Everyone knows it's difficult to get a band 6 in standard, and it's not even a 'fuss'.

~untitled~

HSC
Spend an equal 40 minutes on each section in paper one, and each module in paper 2.

But the amout of page numbers is just silly, i wrote 29 pages for paper 1 and 34 pages for paper 2, but its no indication whatsoever of anything, because someones writing may be big, where as another persons may be tiny. Mine just so happens to be giant, illegible scrawl.

Desert Dessert

HSC
Yep, you gotta spend an equal amount on each section/module, as their kind of all worth the same. That said, I usually tend to spend a little more time on section 1 in paper 1 (coz the marks are picky and hard to get), and just take that out of the time I'd spend on section 2 (Creative writing) as honestly, you can end a story any time. (But I'm only talking about 5-10 minutes here)

Modules should be equal. Equal equal equal. 40 min on each.

Page length is hard. Everyone's got different writing. Filling up an exam booklet for an essay is usually a good sign. Going to another booklet is an even better one. But don't get demoralised or anything if you don't. As long as you hammer in heaps of techniques and link to the question/elective statements, you'll be fiiiiiine.

Don't drop it though!!!

yosemite sam

HSC
Definitely equal for modules.
I did just over a booklet for each, so about 9 pages.
Paper 1 the amount you write doesnt really matter for the first 2 sections because quality definitely doesnt come with quantity even moreso than in section 3 or the modules. Section 3 i did a booklet and a half. rather proud of that.

LaurenHarvey

HSC
Who cares how many pages you wrote. Don't stress about it it's the most insignificant thing in the world

Unwant3d

It's A Boy !!
HSC
even though adv english is tough, it pays of in the end! and you'll feel more acomplished doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)