If English was not compulsory... (1 Viewer)

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Despite hating it, I probably would because it would look really bad on job applications and such if you said you hadn't done english.

It would probably also be assumed knowledge for a lot of university courses (not that it really matters).

Plus, I do 12 units, so I wouldnt really care if I did crap in it, because it wouldnt have to count.

Last edited:

runnable

HSC
If it is not assumed knowledge for my course, and I deemed that it will not hurt my job prospects, then I would 100% not choose it.

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
midifile said:
Despite hating it, I probably would because it would look really bad on job applications and such if you said you hadn't done english.

It would probably also be assumed knowledge for a lot of university courses (not that it really matters).

Plus, I do 12 units, so I wouldnt really care if I did crap in it, because it wouldnt have to count.
Is that also assuming it wasn't counted your 10U of UAI like it is now?

I'd probably do English anyway, I don't love the Advanced course but I wouldn't give Extension 1 and 2 up for it.

HSC
yeah i probably would actually.. it'd prob be assumed knowledge for a lot of things too

tomblegend

HSC
Patar said:
Is that also assuming it wasn't counted your 10U of UAI like it is now?

I'd probably do English anyway, I don't love the Advanced course but I wouldn't give Extension 1 and 2 up for it.
I am doing 12 units, 2 are english (which i hate btw) I am going to ace all my other subjects except eng, does it have to count in my UAI?? Cause that would be really really bad hey

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Yes. I would choose it. English is a great subject. If it wasn't for English, I would not have developed some of the great essay skillls.

IamSalvidor

HSC
N/A
tomblegend said:
I am doing 12 units, 2 are english (which i hate btw) I am going to ace all my other subjects except eng, does it have to count in my UAI?? Cause that would be really really bad hey
Of course you 2U of English has to count. How could you not know this by now?

SimonLee13

HSC
Seeing how I'm doing 2 social sciences, english seems useful.

nick90

HSC
I would not count English. I almost do my head in trying to study for it.

Anyways, while we're on the topic of English, you've failed to use the subjunctive in the title for this thread. :p It would be correctly written "If English were not compulsory". ;)

runnable

HSC
addikaye03 said:
should be compulsory, just not a compulsory 2 units in calculating UAI
Then it would be pointless. As those who wouldn't choose to do it, wouldn't put in any effort and get 0 in everything and those who would've chosen to do it, put the effort in to doing it.

English should be compulsory and counting UAI or not compulsory at all.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: If English was not compulsory...

Negative.

6unit math kgo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)