English = Study block (1 Viewer)

friction

HSC
Is this true for anyone else or just me? Whenever i have to do english i just cant be bothered to study. Anything else im ok with i just have no motivation to do english. Anyone else like this ?

danz90

HSC
English is pretty daunting to study.. I don't enjoy studying it either.
I haven't done any practice essays these holidays so far.. have to get cracking. But I just HATE writing under pressure, that fast etc. there's no choice though...

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
I do 9 hour days of study
So, everything is a pain in the ass at the moment. I'm so disgustingly demotivated.
=\

But if anything I'm a bit heavier focussed on English, it being my first two exams. If I start off with those two papers strong and set myself a positive tone, then I will feel better about the whole HSC methinks.

sherylbobbins

HSC
Gah I hate english with an absolute passion and loathe studying for it even more. But now is a good time for us to realise that our exam for it is in 9 days. Once we do those 2 exams we'll never have to do it again :D. Just friggin' do it dude lol

danz90

HSC
Hopefully i'll be able to pull of a low 80's out of 105 Raw mark for english, to get into that band 6.
For AOS paper, comprehension should be easy... creative will be a DISASTER.. and the essay should be ok as well.
For Paper 2 advanced modules... I should be fine for module A, a bit mish-mash for king lear, and i guess OK for mod. C

aaahh to be honest.. english is my only exam that i'm really nervous for.

friction

HSC
English is definitely my worst subject only thing im ranked out of the top 3 in (ranked 11). I know it will be over very soon. I just cant do it. Paper 1 will be a disaster i cant do creative writing for shit. Q1 i will go OK and even though i have a good essay for Q3 i still cant ever seem to get good marks on it.

Paper 2. Critical study im sweet for. Representation i think my essay sucks and i dont know how to fix it. Comparision i have a good essay but its way to long and i dont know how to relate it to any questions

Add to the fact my writing is totally illegible if i write anything near fast i know im screwed for it but i couldnt be bothered doing anything and i dont think it will help.

I should be doing it right now. but i cant.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Ive given up worrying about english. Ive got a good rank, good prepared essays (and im good at modifying them to the question) and honestly, i cbf doing any more work

If I end up doing myself a disservice by not putting in work, then i'll accept that, seeing as it would be my fault, but ive got my fingers crossed that it will be okay

Its gonna be night before essay memorisation for me

Smeegen999

HSC
midifile said:
Ive given up worrying about english. Ive got a good rank, good prepared essays (and im good at modifying them to the question) and honestly, i cbf doing any more work

If I end up doing myself a disservice by not putting in work, then i'll accept that, seeing as it would be my fault, but ive got my fingers crossed that it will be okay

Its gonna be night before essay memorisation for me
same! that weekend before paper 2 is looking really good rite now..

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
So, everything is a pain in the ass at the moment. I'm so disgustingly demotivated.
=\

But if anything I'm a bit heavier focussed on English, it being my first two exams. If I start off with those two papers strong and set myself a positive tone, then I will feel better about the whole HSC methinks.
you call 9 hrs a day demotivated?
k.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
=\

is it 9 hours of effective study? or a bit of biting your nails, twiddling thumbs in between studying?
nice idea for English though. It would get you off to a good start and get you in the mindset psychologically. I might just adopt that idea actually, i've been focusing most on my last few exams for some bizarre reason.
Off to do Lear now. Woo!

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
i study citizen kane lots, i actually quite like it, but it means i'm ignoring my other topics/subjects which should stop tomorrow since ive finished my ck notes. its good knowing it so well coz like, ive got a couple of scenes analysed pretty well, but i can adapt them to the question. soo now ive just gotta do that with every other topic hahaha.

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
English - for me - has always been more of a how-fast-cant-you-write-in-40-minutes?, rather than how well do you understand your course of study. It's really stupid.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
fallenstar said:
is it 9 hours of effective study? or a bit of biting your nails, twiddling thumbs in between studying?
nice idea for English though. It would get you off to a good start and get you in the mindset psychologically. I might just adopt that idea actually, i've been focusing most on my last few exams for some bizarre reason.
Off to do Lear now. Woo!
I do 50 on, 10 off, and rinse repeat. I do two to three sessions of one subject - though depending on my mood I'll do more or less - then swap.
I make mind maps and diagrams, rewrite essays and stories, make dot points and then expand them into paragraphs, summarise, all sorts of things. 50 minutes straight is all my mind will do before the twiddling sets in. I think thats because thats the length of my class periods.

Its actually a pretty cool mental thinger.

adnan91

HSC
I have know realized the EXTREME difference between people who do 4u english than 4u maths. I prefer maths..

sw8mp

HSC
i can't study for shit all for english too, nothing of it flows in my head.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
friction said:
Is this true for anyone else or just me? Whenever i have to do english i just cant be bothered to study. Anything else im ok with i just have no motivation to do english. Anyone else like this ?
i guess u just dont like english then...

Yamiyo

HSC
ConquerDiscover said:
english standard is Fun! :D

Its quite interesting too!

sucked in english advanced students! :)
but the worst part of advanced is AOS lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)