Offering free English essay marking for the summer holidays (1 Viewer)

dinomyte

HSC
Hey guys :) I know a thread like this has already been started by Mikasa, and I am in no way trying to undermine her efforts or anything, she is very generous. Rather I would like to give back to the BOS community and also help anybody with English these holidays ^_^ I'm offering free feedback service for any essays and creatives for English Adv and Ext 1, having received a HSC mark of 95 and 47/50 respectively.

I haven't studied the new syllabus so I won't be able to offer text-specific feedback but I do have some understanding of general essay writing, and also what is required to succeed in English. I've studied a few texts on the new syllabus - I might be able to help with TS Eliot, Yeats, Frankenstein/Blade Runner, Lost in Translation and Good Night and Good Luck. You can PM me if you want to send me stuff and I'll try my best to get back as soon as I can ^_^

Daniellemc

HSC
Have you got any tips for liking english lol, I have no motivation because I don't like it. Then I find out that I can't do my chosen text 'life of Pi' because it's already a prescribed text and its 'taking the easy way out'

dinomyte

HSC
Have you got any tips for liking english lol, I have no motivation because I don't like it. Then I find out that I can't do my chosen text 'life of Pi' because it's already a prescribed text and its 'taking the easy way out'
Sorry for the late reply!

It might be different from everyone, but I began to enjoy English when I liked the texts. As I studied, analysed, and read articles about the text, I started to appreciate them for how deep they were. I found the content interesting, and as I dug deeper into the complex issues behind the texts, I became more fascinated. Sounds cheesy, but I felt that what I learnt was enriching, and it increased my understanding about the world and life in general. So my tip is to really engage with your texts.

Don't worry, it's still early into the year. You can try to find more texts. I changed my related text a few weeks before the trials. If you find a good text, it will be worth it in the long run. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)