How do you get a bang 6 for English? (1 Viewer)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
You bang the number 6 and the numbers 99.95 appear on your HSC.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
But srs, what worked for me was writing comprehensive essays for all of your modules etc, getting them editted several times by your teacher (literally annoy the fk out of him/her LOL until you're both satisfied with your essay). Memorise the intro and body paragraphs before exams and adapt your prepared essay to the question. Make up your conclusion on the day.

Some people are against memorising essays (which is fair enough), but for me, especially since words don't flow too easily when I write essays on the spot, I really had to memorise mine otherwise my essays would lack sophistication of vocab due to poor expression. Another thing which helped was using the thesaurus a lot. If you find you're using the same words over and over again/basic words then you can google synonyms for whatever word you need synonyms for and then you can pick and choose depending on what suits - but just be careful because if you thesaurus some words, sometimes particular words can't be used in certain contexts. So yeah get it checked by your teacher afterwards.

But if you're good with words and structuring sophisticated sentences, then you may not need to memorise. I'm just stating what worked for me to help get a 93 with terrible english skills (I literally failed it in naplan lol)

Drsoccerball

HSC
But srs, what worked for me was writing comprehensive essays for all of your modules etc, getting them editted several times by your teacher (literally annoy the fk out of him/her LOL until you're both satisfied with your essay). Memorise the intro and body paragraphs before exams and adapt your prepared essay to the question. Make up your conclusion on the day.

Some people are against memorising essays (which is fair enough), but for me, especially since words don't flow too easily when I write essays on the spot, I really had to memorise mine otherwise my essays would lack sophistication of vocab due to poor expression. Another thing which helped was using the thesaurus a lot. If you find you're using the same words over and over again/basic words then you can google synonyms for whatever word you need synonyms for and then you can pick and choose depending on what suits - but just be careful because if you thesaurus some words, sometimes particular words can't be used in certain contexts. So yeah get it checked by your teacher afterwards.

But if you're good with words and structuring sophisticated sentences, then you may not need to memorise. I'm just stating what worked for me to help get a 93 with terrible english skills (I literally failed it in naplan lol)
My teachers not bothered to check our shit what do i do

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
My teachers not bothered to check our shit what do i do
Omg f33ls

My teacher was so lazy.
Firstly just nag him/her over and over. If that doesn't work then hand in your essay to another teacher (your teacher might get cut, and then offer to help you). If not continue giving your essays to other teachers that are willing to help you. If that doesn't work, then complain to the head of your english department. If it still doesn't work, complain to your principal or something lol. But srsly they should be bothered because it's their job.

I get so pissed when I hear about teachers like these :(

Also, I'm sure there are plenty of bosers willing to help you out by proofreading your essays etc (although it'd be much more effective if a teacher could do it, it's still helpful). You can make a thread or something. Pm me if you want me to look over some of your stuff.

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
Well first you proof read what you write, for spelling mistakes and shit...

Then you bug the shit out of your teachers to perfect your essays. English is good in that you kinda know exactly what to expect for each section in the exam (the questions really can't deviate all that much...) but that's also bad bc it means your writing needs to be spot on.

I remember my teachers had read my AOS essay enough times that they could quote parts of it without looking at it; know what you're writing and be confident enough with your texts and arguments to face literally any type of question.

AND DON'T IGNORE SECTION 1! They're easy marks when you actually pay attention.

As for creative, don't make it a sob story, don't pull TOO much fantasy shit and make it simple (i.e. no more than three characters, only 1-2 settings and ONE PLOT)

As long as you practice your stuff you'll be fine, seriously I got a band 6 and I didn't even read any of my texts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)