advanced to standard (1 Viewer)

duhdevitt

HSC
so right now im 31/31 for english advanced with my mark being 6/15 and first place being 13/15. I was continuosly reccomended to drop to standard for weeks and its doing my head in and its distracting me from my studies and all i think about is english. So my questions

1) Will my 6/15 be carried over to standard(it was a common question for standard and adv) and if yes, is it worth dropping down
2) Is it worth dropping to standard

i need some help(i know standard is an atar killer but it seems like my only choice right about now)

HSC
I vote for you to stay. It was a first assessment and you can improve through other ones. Standard have their own texts and you'll risk falling way behind

duhdevitt

HSC
i really want to stay in advanced but my teacher said if i go to standard ill get a high band 5 rather if i stay in adv and get a band 4. Im just mentally dead and pissed off.

HSC
i really want to stay in advanced but my teacher said if i go to standard ill get a high band 5 rather if i stay in adv and get a band 4. Im just mentally dead and pissed off.
but he wasn't witnessed your improvements
last yr advanced convinced 10ish students to drop to standard, saying they will be likely to get band 6s but from the first assessment only one person from standard got 90+ so advanced dropouts performed the same

Thomas_SSEDU

HSC
Uni Grad
It's possible to come back after a poor exam mark early in the year. Don't lose hope and drop just yet! see how you go and then make a more informed decision. I had a similar situation happen to me in year 11 and just holding out saved me a lot of head ache.

It's generally accepted that standard in a way can be harder than advanced english, as you'd practically need to ace it to get a higher HSC mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)