How do you write a thesis when you get an essay instruction rather than question? (1 Viewer)

sadpwner

HSC
N/A
Sometimes teachers allocate an instruction rather than a question, but a thesis is meant to answer the essay question. For example, critically evaluate Caesar in terms of his significance in the play. How would I write a thesis for this as it is an instruction?

dinomyte

HSC
The instruction can easily be changed into a question - "How significant is Caesar in the play and why?"

Don't overthink this. No matter how the question is written, it is fundamentally still an essay question so there's no need to adapt the thesis. If you look at past HSC questions, most of them are "instructions". And if you're confused by instructions, just reword it into a question like how I did earlier and it'll become easier to understand. :)

mreditor16

HSC
The instruction can easily be changed into a question - "How significant is Caesar in the play and why?"

Don't overthink this. No matter how the question is written, it is fundamentally still an essay question so there's no need to adapt the thesis. If you look at past HSC questions, most of them are "instructions". And if you're confused by instructions, just reword it into a question like how I did earlier and it'll become easier to understand. :)
+1 - definitely!

Regardless of how the question is phrased (whether as a question or a statement or a instruction), the fact that you need a thesis doesn't change at all! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)