Intertextual Perspectives- Gatsby and EBB?? Really Confused! (1 Viewer)

StudySmart24

HSC
Hey guys, I have a assessment speech to explain the intertextual perspectives rubric which I have to include Sonnets from the Portuguese from EBB and The Great Gatsby. Can someone help me deconstruct the rubric, and give me ideas about what I can maybe include in the speech.
Any help would be appreciated!

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Despite them being from 2 completely different eras they both explore the same themes/ideas.

StudySmart24

HSC
Yea but do you incorporate that, when your trying to explain the rubric. Like I understand that point, but what exactly is the intertextual perspective rubric asking you to do.

swagmeister

HSC
How your perspective on one text influences your perspective on the other. For instance by knowing that in Gatsby women as objectified, this gives greater appreciation to EBB's pursuit of being loved for loves sake and her involvememt of the metaphysical. Or through knowing how in Gatsby spirituality is just an old rarely looked at billboard (DR T. J. Eckleburg) it gives greater appreciation for EBBs link between love and spirituality, albeit new scientific discoveries in the Victorian era. Or even generically through understanding how Fitzgerald epitomises his context it gives greater appreciation for how EBB subverts it. Does this help?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)