ASAP Discovery (1 Viewer)

astroman

HSC
How has your understanding of discovery been enhanced by listening to this text?

What could be a common thing to write which is mendable to most stimuli?

teridax

HSC
N/A
it's hard to tell as you can't just have a common thing to write - a generic response won't stand out unless you integrate the key words for adapting

BUT

because this is a broad question, you could discuss that perceptions of discovery are magnified when an ontological truth is realised as an individual undergoes their own personal journey. tbh, there's a lot of room for this question

depends on the format of your assessment, are you given the question during the exam, or was it handed out beforehand

astab

HSC
N/A
Haha I had the same essay question for my AOS essay.

I used the rubric as a guide and found that students need to consider how their texts challenge the assumptions of discovering and discoveries. Most people assume that discoveries are physical, involving some tangible realisation. Further, they believe that discoveries entail exhilarating prospects and better the discoverer. You can say how you now understand that discoveries aren't limited to such encounters, rather, they include "confronting" and daunting prospects and are inhibitory to personal development.

It depends on the text you're studying. If the plot manifests an oppressive discovery, they analyse how the notion of discovery is inverted.

Peace.

astroman

HSC
Haha I had the same essay question for my AOS essay.

I used the rubric as a guide and found that students need to consider how their texts challenge the assumptions of discovering and discoveries. Most people assume that discoveries are physical, involving some tangible realisation. Further, they believe that discoveries entail exhilarating prospects and better the discoverer. You can say how you now understand that discoveries aren't limited to such encounters, rather, they include "confronting" and daunting prospects and are inhibitory to personal development.

It depends on the text you're studying. If the plot manifests an oppressive discovery, they analyse how the notion of discovery is inverted.

Peace.
thanks this is great, i only need to answer this question for a listening task, most probably which will be an extract from a fictional novel

astab

HSC
N/A
Yeah we had a similar thing for Robert Gray. We had the essay question in advance and an audio on the day of the exam. We had to take quotes from the audio and map them to the idea of discovery in the rubric, weaving the additional text into our prepared essay and making points of comparison. There were thematic parallels between Gray and the audio as far as nature goes, but I talked more about the challenging nature of discovery in Gray's poems contrasted to the revitalising depiction in the audio.

astroman

HSC
Yeah we had a similar thing for Robert Gray. We had the essay question in advance and an audio on the day of the exam. We had to take quotes from the audio and map them to the idea of discovery in the rubric, weaving the additional text into our prepared essay and making points of comparison. There were thematic parallels between Gray and the audio as far as nature goes, but I talked more about the challenging nature of discovery in Gray's poems contrasted to the revitalising depiction in the audio.
same here, my test is 2hrs, gotta do mod a, creative and listening :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)