FREE essay + creative marking + general advice for all Eng (1 Viewer)

Occupied

HSC
N/A
Hey guys + girls,
^ like what the title says, I'm offering free essay + creative critiques/ marking feedback for Discovery, Mod A and B and English Ext 1 after the bomb. I'm a 2015'er so I haven't got my results back but if anyone wants an extra opinion on their essays or creatives, feel free to chuck them to me. I did go to a top 10 selective school and was in the top classes for English (my school averages about 45% of the cohort getting b6s) so I ~should~ know, mostly, kinda, what I'm talking about.

I've decided to offer this service because I noticed during my HSC preparation that no one really offers English feedback for free (as a just-graduated student, I get the frugal studying life). Don't be like me and realise very late during the year that the only way to get better at english is through practise - and hence, inevitably, writing many, many drafts. Please don't substitute a paid-student's marking service for this, as they have gotten their results back and have credentials and what not. Also, take everything I say with a grain of salt, there are multifarious ways of writing in English, what I've been taught is definitely not the absolute, only way of writing.

Feel free to send me ANY essays or creatives (regardless of texts); at the very least I can offer feedback on structure. (Yes, that includes standard english essays)

My texts:
Discovery: The motorcycle diaries
Mod A: W;t and Donne
Mod B: In the skin of a lion
Eng Ext 1: After the bomb -> waiting for godot, slyvia plath poems + the spy who came in from the cold.

I'm aware that most 2016'ers will be up to discovery only. Since the Area of Study is the only topic which requires a creative to be handed in, if you're poor at writing creatives start working on it early. It's not worth it to lose marks so early, especially if it ends up demotivating you.

Send an email to occufried@yahoo.com.au I'll try and get back to you ASAP since holidays and all that.

GL suckers 2016'ers

Occupied

HSC
N/A
Got a couple of essays + creatives already, if anyone else wants to just send an email C: I don't bite probs

Occupied

HSC
N/A
Finished a few~

Keep sending them in, the essays and creatives in which I got full marks or close to full marks in went up to my 5th draft.

A tip concerning creatives; your plot means little to nothing, no one cares. Think about it, there's no way anyone can write a whole novel in 800 words. So you're not expected to.

Instead, what you attempt to do is write a single event. To make this situation work, this event you're writing about has to evoke some sort of change; it has to lead somewhere. For example, a character may be confused in the beginning, but in the end, she/her has clarified their concerns. Or perhaps they were confident in the beginning but due to your complication, they may be confused in the end. Concentrate more on characterisation and setting than plot. As long as your creative makes sense, plot means little in HSC english. For example, a plot about a woman reminiscing in the park or a deaf teenager's desire to break free of stereotypes; both can get full marks.

tl;dr, keep sending in the drafts + creatives are ease pase, don't stress too much about plots b/c it doesn't mean shit. As long as your character goes somewhere, you're pretty much settt.

Occupied

HSC
N/A
b-bump

Try and write up to at least 800 -1200 words for all your creatives and essays. However, if your handwriting is shit (like yours truely), keepinng your word limit at a minimum is ideal unless you prefer to lose marks for said shitty handwriting. Schools teach structure differently, don't get too stressed if someone's said something that's different to what your teachers said. For example, if I have 1 core text and 1 related text, I've been taught to write 2 paragraphs for the core text, 1 for the related with the core text paragraphs first followed by the related. However, some teachers teach students to write 2 paragraphs for both the core and related with alternating core and related paragraphs. Creatives are even more fluid b/c u get the time warps etc

tldr, your structure can be fluid; it's just whatever u think best demonstrates the ideas you've talked about in ur work.

Flop21

HSC
Get free essays + creatives > sell > profit

I'd be careful about sending your stuff to random people.

Occupied

HSC
N/A
Get free essays + creatives > sell > profit

I'd be careful about sending your stuff to random people.
Yo,

That risk is associated if you send any essays or creatives to anyone on the net. TBH I feel like what you're saying is kinda redundant. The top students or people who can get a b6 in English without help - they're not exactly going to send it to me to be marked, right? They don't really need help. Logically, it makes sense if the essays and creatives I get are from students struggling in english; cuz they're the ones that need help and hence sending in essays + creatives. And with the standard on BOS, TBH I really doubt a b5 or lower essay or creative will sell LOL

TBH it's kinda insulting that you're viewing what I'm doing, out of kindness, as a malicious act. For the record, if anybody doesn't want to send in an essay or creative- don't. I'm equally happy to answer any questions about HSC English :)

Alternatively guys, if you don't think your essay is b6 material and hence not really sellable, feel free to chuck them at me ;)

Last edited:

Occupied

HSC
N/A
Hey guys
For some reason, there's a sudden increase in people sending in stuff so I might be taking a bit longer. (So you know those emails I send telling you that I'll have a look and send it back to you either tonight or tomorrow night?--> it's probably going to be either tomorrow night or the day after instead). Alot more questions on creatives have been asked than essay - so I'm going to focus on them when I post on this thread. Soz to the guy who had an assessment today and sent an email like yesterday. I don't check my email everyday.

Pro tip of the day:

What I've found from editing both my own and my peer's creatives, was that the primary mistake people fall victim to is either lapsing into recount OR injecting in too much flowerly language. Other common mistakes to avoid is not having a clear setting and having a creative that doesn't move anywhere. Your creative MUST reach some sort of realisation. Your character has to attain some sort of new understanding. For example, your character might think of birds as initially symbols of freedom. By the end, they may think of birds as symbols of oppression. This change has been sparked by events explored in your creative. For example, main character is in a happy, worry free environment and an avid bird watcher. He/she thinks of birds as symbols of liberation. Main character is captured by authorities. The flag or symbol that defines these members of power is a bird. Due to subjugation and conformity imposed by these authorities, the main character has come to associate birds with oppression. Do you see what I'm doing?

Occupied

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,
I'm gonna stop offering this service tomorrow. To all the people who have sent stuff in, I'll get back to you ASAP. Hopefully I've been of help to some people.
Cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)