Edward scissorhands quotes (1 Viewer)

Liam2016

HSC
Need help with finding some quotes from Edward Scissorhands relating to belonging, any help would be appreciated

prxyal007

HSC
"Then you blend, and blend, and blend. Blending is the secret."
(To belong you have to conform to society)

Liam2016

HSC
Thank you very much prxyal007, can anyone help me out with some more quotes please need 2-3

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Here is an excerpt from my Year 10 essay on this movie. These are the only quotes I used as for my other points I used film techniques like colour, music and camera angles. Excuse the shitty writing I was 15 lol.

"I’ve got a doctor friend who I think may be able to help," is to said to Edward by a friendly neighbour and reiterated by Peg, someone who knows and trusts Edward. This supports the idea that these people are, consciously or not, trying to force Edward into conforming to the ideals and expectations of that society. They are unknowingly taking away Edward’s right to be an individual and this goes to show how naïve the people of this town truly are. They have never known anything other than following the crowd. Something that is prominently echoed within this film is the idea that Edward needs to be "fixed" because he is "unnatural." These ideas symbolise the society’s rigid expectations and the notion that one must behave in the same fashion as everybody else in order to be viewed as an equal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)