Is this PenFox essay marking service suss??? (1 Viewer)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I don't know if any of you have seen this or not but there's this company named "Penfox" which sells HSC notes and marks essays all for ridiculously low prices, I mean I don't think I've ever seen a surprisingly cheap essay marking service which marks your essay for $9 and sells notes on related texts

Anyways, just want your opinion(s) but you do think that this service is worth using or not, or is it just suss, given that the essay marking services and the time they take to write these notes for ORTs, are ridiculously long (I'm pretty sure they all had to spend a lot of time making these notes), all for a low price?

http://www.penfox.com.au/products/single-essay-marking

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
I got motor cycle notes from them because I was despo for some sort of analysis at that time, nah not worth it
Idk about the marking services tho
Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I got motor cycle notes from them because I was despo for some sort of analysis at that time, nah not worth it
Idk about the marking services tho
Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Do you know anything about their related texts?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
How does it being cheap make it "suss"?
Because I'm pretty sure that it takes a lot of time and effort to make notes and mark essays, and pricing the services at a very low price seems illogical as you are not getting much done out of the hard work you are putting in. If you were to put in time and effort into doing a job, you should get much back, shouldn't you? The cheapest I've seen for a marking service is $20 per essay and this is not from a HSC marker

Even uni students who offer essay marking services, don't charge as cheap as marking $9 per essay and the people who mark these essays are actual HSC markers, hence the quality is higher (in some sense) but all for a low price (which is illogical)

iStudent

HSC
Their website does seem interesting, as single essay marking is $9 whereas triple essay marking is $54.

It might just be a temporary promotion. Also, I think I have heard of Penfox before - so I don't think it's a blackmarket 'murican company trying to steal your credit card details.

Can't comment on the quality of their essay marking though. But considering it's just $9 and it's your last shot at HSC english - why not?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Their website does seem interesting, as single essay marking is $9 whereas triple essay marking is $54.

It might just be a temporary promotion. Also, I think I have heard of Penfox before - so I don't think it's a blackmarket 'murican company trying to steal your credit card details.

Can't comment on the quality of their essay marking though. But considering it's just $9 and it's your last shot at HSC english - why not?
^Another reason why it's suss

Because it seems suss, $9 for an essay to be marked by a HSC marker isn't right, don't you think?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
^Another reason why it's suss

Because it seems suss, $9 for an essay to be marked by a HSC marker isn't right, don't you think?
No not really because I've seen a tutor for $120 an hour before but since you're saying price means quality, does that mean they're the best tutor in the country?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
No not really because I've seen a tutor for $120 an hour before but since you're saying price means quality, does that mean they're the best tutor in the country?
Depends on the individual actually and I guess not

But still this is like a scam, a HSC marker charging $9 to mark an essay isn't right. Like Sien said, the resources weren't worth it

Paying $54 for 3 essays is like WTF (especially when one is charged for $9)???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)