AOS Discovery Paper 1-like Examination on Monday (1 Viewer)

dragon658

HSC
Hey guys,

I have a comprehension exam on Monday - analysing different texts types in line with discovery.

Anyway, I'm having a bit of an issue linking techniques and quotes together. I got given two of the 2015 Practice examinations by T.Outred.
Specifically question 3, where I have to analyse the film transcript from the Dead Poet's Society.
Q: "Explain how the film transcript portrays choice in the process of self discovery" (3 marks)

Response:

The idea of choice is clearly expressed through the adoption of the same beat the boys chose to march to. The character of Charlie embodies the idea of choice in the process of self discovery by metaphorically 'swimming against the stream'. "the courtyard is your" said by Keating creats a blank canvas for the boys to create their own individual styles of walking (self discovery)

Really my issue is techniques in this. I have one technique to back up my ideas - the metaphor. What am I looking for in something like a film transcript? It feels like searching for techniques is a little bit aimless.
I think my structure is ok, it's just techs. At times I think are techniques even important in getting the idea across but I suppose everything someone writes has a technique behind it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)