technique identification help (1 Viewer)

rubyp

HSC
Just wanting to use some quotes but I can't really figure out which language techniques they would fall under

- 'student of adversity'

- 'I know like being myself better than the idea of being someone else'

- 'ease makes less of an impression on us than struggle'

- 'I tend to find the ecstasy in hidden in ordinary joys, because I did not expect them to be ordinary to me.'

anyone have any ideas?

HSC
Just wanting to use some quotes but I can't really figure out which language techniques they would fall under

- 'student of adversity'

- 'I know like being myself better than the idea of being someone else'

- 'ease makes less of an impression on us than struggle'

- 'I tend to find the ecstasy in hidden in ordinary joys, because I did not expect them to be ordinary to me.'

anyone have any ideas?
If you find these quotes useful in your writing, you don't always have to identify the specific techniques that they utilise, you just need to describe the effect, because in essays, markers are mostly looking for your ability to find and then critically and insightfully analyse texts in light of the essay topic, not identifying the exact techniques used. This is mainly because there are multiple techniques that can be found in a particular quote, and various simple techniques have very complex technical names, jargon that markers can't possibly expect you to be familiar with anyway. That being said, and in light of the fact that I have no idea of the context you're using these in, here are some techniques that these quotes contain (just from the top of my head):

'student of adversity' - clearly a metaphor in that the subject is a student (where this may not be the case), also personification, as adversity is being alluded to as a mentor of some kind.
- 'I know like being myself better than the idea of being someone else' - no idea what this quote means (perhaps a typo?)

- 'ease makes less of an impression on us than struggle' - again personification as ease and struggle are given the humanly trait of making an impression

- 'I tend to find the ecstasy in hidden in ordinary joys, because I did not expect them to be ordinary to me.' - the writer's using his own experiences to draw reflections, and repetition of the word 'ordinary' sort of having a contrasting effect

rubyp

HSC
thank you 1008 this helps a lot! Also, yeah bit of a typo it's meant to be 'I know like being myself better than the idea of being someone else'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)