Stand By Me, Gordie Analysis (1 Viewer)

DonoKong

HSC
Hi everyone,

I am doing an essay with a main thesis that character’s true identity and wants often differ from the original goal of their journey. This occurs because the character’s identity is always developing and changing and as such their goals are ever-changing.

I am doing a paragraph on a related text, Stand By Me film by Rob Reiner. At the start of the film Gordie and the boys set out to become famous by finding a dead boys body and going on television for it. That is the original goal. But by the end of the film, the boys, especially Gordie, have no interest in becoming famous and decide to tip the police with an anonymous phone call. Along the way we see Gordie reflect internally on his past memories with his deceased brother and we can derive that Gordie may want to see this dead boys body because it is possibly the most accurate reflection of what his brother looked like when he died.

I'm not sure what scenes to use that show when and where Gordie's true identity and wants change from that of the original goal. Two or Three scenes would be preferable but any help is most certainly welcome!

Thanks so much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)