Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jazz519
  • 1 Post By jazz519
  • 1 Post By jazz519

Thread: to memorise or not to memorise???

Cadet
    HSC

to memorise or not to memorise???

what are you guys planning on doing?? im conflicted i had been saying i was going to memorise a essay but seem to have changed my mind to just memorising themes , quotes and paragraphs of analysis

HSC

Re: to memorise or not to memorise???

If you memorised essays in the past assessments like the trials then I would continue to do that because you don't want to try something new that big in an exam worth 50% of your mark. If you just did the memorisation of quotes, techniques and analysis then you can still memorise a whole essay but if it already worked well for you not memorising full essays continue that
    frog1944 likes this.
    For Cheap High Quality Notes & Essays + Free Technique Sheet: http://tinyurl.com/jazz519notes
    Tutoring: http://tinyurl.com/jazz519tutoring

2015 - Maths (Accelerated): (96)
    2016 - Eng. Adv. (97) | Chem (93) | Maths (98) | 3U Math (48) | Physics (94) | Business Studies (94)
    ATAR: 99.7 Dux

2017 - UNSW Adv. Science (Chemistry) (AAA scholarship & The Late Stephen Robjohns Science Scholarship)

Cadet
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by jazz519 View Post
    If you memorised essays in the past assessments like the trials then I would continue to do that because you don't want to try something new that big in an exam worth 50% of your mark. If you just did the memorisation of quotes, techniques and analysis then you can still memorise a whole essay but if it already worked well for you not memorising full essays continue that
    the thing is i have memorised essays this whole year getting 90+ in all of them im just afraid that ill freak out if i dont think i can adapt the question for some reason

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by zeee1999 View Post
    the thing is i have memorised essays this whole year getting 90+ in all of them im just afraid that ill freak out if i dont think i can adapt the question for some reason
    Don't worry about that you will always be able to adapt it to the question because most of the themes are linked in the texts like in discovery if the question said talk about emotional discoveries, you could just use another phrase of the rubric saying it is through that, that the character is able to have them.

Similar sort of stuff for the modules as well.

Your marks are pretty good so just have confidence in your ability
    frog1944 likes this.
    For Cheap High Quality Notes & Essays + Free Technique Sheet: http://tinyurl.com/jazz519notes

2016 - Eng. Adv. (97) | Chem (93) | Maths (98) | 3U Math (48) | Physics (94) | Business Studies (94)

2017 - UNSW Adv. Science (Chemistry) (AAA scholarship & The Late Stephen Robjohns Science Scholarship)

HSC

Even in the very small chance the question is so different from your essay, you still have memorised paragraphs with quotes and techniques, which you would just have to analyse a little bit differently to suit the question
    frog1944 likes this.

HSC

90+ in all of your essays is really good, you should stick with the same strategy, but just practice adapting your essays to past HSC questions if that's the only thing you're struggling with.
    HSC 2017: English Adv - Maths Ext 1 - Maths Ext 2 - Chemistry - Physics
    ATAR Aim: 97.30

Cadet
    HSC

to memorise

Cadet
    HSC

stick with what's working. i'm memorising and adapting as well

HSC

I'm just memorising quotes but do what the others have said and keep doing what you've done all year
    2016 HSC (Accelerated)
    // 2 Unit Maths // Studies of Religion 1 //

2017 HSC
    // Biology // Physics // Maths Extension 1 // Maths Extension 2 // English Advanced //

Cadet
    HSC

think im gonna stick to memorising but defs not memorising a essay for module b (speeches) bc its impossible

Thread Information