to memorise or not to memorise??? (1 Viewer)

zeee1999

HSC
what are you guys planning on doing?? im conflicted i had been saying i was going to memorise a essay but seem to have changed my mind to just memorising themes , quotes and paragraphs of analysis

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
If you memorised essays in the past assessments like the trials then I would continue to do that because you don't want to try something new that big in an exam worth 50% of your mark. If you just did the memorisation of quotes, techniques and analysis then you can still memorise a whole essay but if it already worked well for you not memorising full essays continue that

zeee1999

HSC
If you memorised essays in the past assessments like the trials then I would continue to do that because you don't want to try something new that big in an exam worth 50% of your mark. If you just did the memorisation of quotes, techniques and analysis then you can still memorise a whole essay but if it already worked well for you not memorising full essays continue that
the thing is i have memorised essays this whole year getting 90+ in all of them im just afraid that ill freak out if i dont think i can adapt the question for some reason

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
the thing is i have memorised essays this whole year getting 90+ in all of them im just afraid that ill freak out if i dont think i can adapt the question for some reason
Don't worry about that you will always be able to adapt it to the question because most of the themes are linked in the texts like in discovery if the question said talk about emotional discoveries, you could just use another phrase of the rubric saying it is through that, that the character is able to have them.

Similar sort of stuff for the modules as well.

Your marks are pretty good so just have confidence in your ability

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Even in the very small chance the question is so different from your essay, you still have memorised paragraphs with quotes and techniques, which you would just have to analyse a little bit differently to suit the question

Sp3ctre

HSC
90+ in all of your essays is really good, you should stick with the same strategy, but just practice adapting your essays to past HSC questions if that's the only thing you're struggling with.

sarkar_as

HSC
stick with what's working. i'm memorising and adapting as well

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I'm just memorising quotes but do what the others have said and keep doing what you've done all year

zeee1999

HSC
think im gonna stick to memorising but defs not memorising a essay for module b (speeches) bc its impossible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)