Should I memorise my essays? (1 Viewer)

buddyhield

HSC
I'm not sure whether or not to memorise my essays or just memorise quotes?

I already have my essays edited but I was thinking of just memorising the main points of my essays and then memorising additional quotes and techniques.

I'm definitely just memorising quotes and techniques for Mod B.

What are you guys doing to prepare?

Sp3ctre

HSC
Do what you did for your school assessments and trials, trying out a new method for HSC probably isn't the best idea especially if you're already comfortable with how you tackled your school's questions. Personally, I'm memorising ~15 quotes for each essay, then depending on the questions given I'm selecting maybe 12 of those to analyse on the day.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
If you memorised essays in the past assessments like the trials then I would continue to do that because you don't want to try something new that big in an exam worth 50% of your mark. If you just did the memorisation of quotes, techniques and analysis then you can still memorise a whole essay but if it already worked well for you not memorising full essays continue that. If you're afraid that you can't adapt to the question with a prepared essay, you will in most essays (probably getter than 90%) be able to adapt it to the question because most of the ideas in the rubric are linked such as if you wrote about the intensely meaningful nature of discoveries, and the question asked about emotional or physical discoveries you can start off with their discoveries by changing your analysis a bit and then saying through these discoveries you can see the intensely meaningful nature of them (not a great example, but shows you sort of a technique to adapt a prepared essay). Even if the question highly unlikely is so different from your essay, you still have memorised paragraphs with quotes and techniques, which you would just have to analyse a little bit differently to suit the question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)