Plagarising in the HSC? (1 Viewer)

Asxd

HSC
Can't you just memorise someone else's essay and splurt it out? Probably not a state ranker's essay but someone who got a band 6?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
If they catch you, you will get a 0 and probably mystery mark atar

Also the max you can probs get without adapting to the question at all is 10/20 so the main skill is adapting to the question

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
Not a good habit at all, even if you get away with it, this is something that is bound to catch up with you.

andrew12678

HSC
I'm not promoting plagarism but being realistic, without Turnitin I don't think there's too much chance of someone being caught if they go to different schools and have the same essay, since getting caught relies on the marker recalling that they've read this script before. So if you don't go to the same school, I reckon there's a high chance you would get a different marker (provided they distribute to markers in 'school' bundles).

That being said, the risk is probably not worth taking still.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
There is a difference between whether you can and whether you should. In theory we can do many things that are illegal or immoral or unethical, but whether we should is a different story. Even if it might get you through the HSC, doing anything similar later on in life would be detrimental to your reputation (and if you started off having a tendency to do this in HSC, you are more likely to tend to do this later in life)...as a previous poster said, not a good habit at all and this is missing the whole point of education.

Savas_P

HSC
Apparently this year they will be using new technology to recognise plagiarism from the internet and past HSC exams. It would be much better just to know a few themes well for each text, unless you completely will freak out and write nothing because then it would be better to write a memorised essay.

Cena123

HSC
N/A
Apparently this year they will be using new technology to recognise plagiarism from the internet and past HSC exams.
tbh not sure where everyone comes up with this news. I literally hear the same thing every year and then nothing happens lol

Commando007

HSC
Apparently this year they will be using new technology to recognise plagiarism from the internet and past HSC exams. It would be much better just to know a few themes well for each text, unless you completely will freak out and write nothing because then it would be better to write a memorised essay.
It won't be much accurate compared to the other plagiarism checkers such as turnitin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)