Life of Pi Related text. NEED HELP ASAP (1 Viewer)

tosmartforu

HSC
Hey guys,

For standard English, I need a related text for the area of study belonging. My prescribed text is the movie "Life of Pi". The only problem is I can't find a RT that has the same themes as life of pi, which are survival, spirituality and trurth. Do you guys have any suggestions for a text, maybe a short story or a picture book that I could you as a related text.

Thanks for your help in advance :)

tazhossain99

HSC
I did Madame Tutli Putli. You might wanna check that out. It's got survival and kind of has spirituality (the moth that appears in the short film is sort of an angelic presence). Not sure about truth. I did it for Discovery in Advanced English so i had to adopt it differently. Just watch it in 'analysing mode' and see if its appropriate for you and your module.

tosmartforu

HSC
I did Madame Tutli Putli. You might wanna check that out. It's got survival and kind of has spirituality (the moth that appears in the short film is sort of an angelic presence). Not sure about truth. I did it for Discovery in Advanced English so i had to adopt it differently. Just watch it in 'analysing mode' and see if its appropriate for you and your module.
Thanks but it I don't think that it will be the best related text to choose. Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

Haramsnackpack

HSC
For a picture book try 'Maus' by Art Spiegelman (about Holocaust survivors- covering survival (Jews in the Holocaust), spirituality (loss of faith in God), truth (Nazi propaganda and lies))
For a short story try 'The Poison Belt' by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (sci-fi about surviving a poisonous belt passing through the Earth's atmosphere, also touches on the idea of truth)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)