Thread: Life of Pi Related text. NEED HELP ASAP

HSC

Life of Pi Related text. NEED HELP ASAP

Hey guys,

For standard English, I need a related text for the area of study belonging. My prescribed text is the movie "Life of Pi". The only problem is I can't find a RT that has the same themes as life of pi, which are survival, spirituality and trurth. Do you guys have any suggestions for a text, maybe a short story or a picture book that I could you as a related text.

Thanks for your help in advance

HSC

Re: Life of Pi Related text. NEED HELP ASAP

I did Madame Tutli Putli. You might wanna check that out. It's got survival and kind of has spirituality (the moth that appears in the short film is sort of an angelic presence). Not sure about truth. I did it for Discovery in Advanced English so i had to adopt it differently. Just watch it in 'analysing mode' and see if its appropriate for you and your module.
    ATAR Goal: 95ish
    ATAR Achieved: 97.65

2017 HSC ~ Penrith High School
    English (Adv.) [83] ~ Mathematics Ext. 1 [99] ~ Mathematics Ext. 2 [92] ~ Physics [90] ~ Biology [93]

2018-2023 ~ UNSW
    BE/ME [Electrical]

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by tazhossain99 View Post
    I did Madame Tutli Putli. You might wanna check that out. It's got survival and kind of has spirituality (the moth that appears in the short film is sort of an angelic presence). Not sure about truth. I did it for Discovery in Advanced English so i had to adopt it differently. Just watch it in 'analysing mode' and see if its appropriate for you and your module.
    Thanks but it I don't think that it will be the best related text to choose. Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by tosmartforu; 28 Nov 2017 at 10:35 PM.

HSC

For a picture book try 'Maus' by Art Spiegelman (about Holocaust survivors- covering survival (Jews in the Holocaust), spirituality (loss of faith in God), truth (Nazi propaganda and lies))
    For a short story try 'The Poison Belt' by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (sci-fi about surviving a poisonous belt passing through the Earth's atmosphere, also touches on the idea of truth)
    ADVANCED ENGLISH TEXTBOOKS AVAILABLE https://www.hscgoldenguidetoenglish.com/buy-now/

Thread Information