English Advanced and Band 6 Marks (1 Viewer)

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
Hi, so my teacher told us today that we need to be scoring 19-20/20 on every internal assessment and getting similar raw marks in the external exams to just scrape a Band 6. Is this true? Band 6 is 90+ and raw external marks are weighted and aligned, so they end up being higher than raw marks, which I thought would mean that raw marks around 17-18/20 would be fine for a Band 6.

My school's English assessments mimic the external exams pretty closely, so they are around the same difficulty as an HSC exam.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hi, so my teacher told us today that we need to be scoring 19-20/20 on every internal assessment and getting similar raw marks in the external exams to just scrape a Band 6. Is this true? Band 6 is 90+ and raw external marks are weighted and aligned, so they end up being higher than raw marks, which I thought would mean that raw marks around 17-18/20 would be fine for a Band 6.

My school's English assessments mimic the external exams pretty closely, so they are around the same difficulty as an HSC exam.
No you don't need 19-20/20 in every section. Around 85/105 is the b6 cutoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)