Shift in Perspective (1 Viewer)

alussovsky

HSC
For our assessment, we have to write 3 pieces of writing, a personal essay, a creative piece and a persuasive piece of writing, for a portfolio and the creative writing is based off of 'a shift in perspective.'

So, uhhh... what exactly is a 'shift in perspective'? Our teacher just told us literally that phrase and left it at that with no elaboration, so I'm still not quite sure what that means. What would be examples of a shift in perspective? I think it can be either in the story, with the characters having a shift, or with the reader having a shift but yeah... what is a 'shift'?

alussovsky

HSC
Sorry, I still don't think I quite understand how I would portray a shift in perspective in a short story, though.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Switch between two characeters? Or a view of a character that changes from when they are a child to an adult? For example cutting trees was something that they did not approve as a kid but when they got older they realise it was important for bushfire prevention.

alussovsky

HSC
Switch between two characeters? Or a view of a character that changes from when they are a child to an adult? For example cutting trees was something that they did not approve as a kid but when they got older they realise it was important for bushfire prevention.
How profound should the shift in perspective be, do you think? I feel like our school teachers are encouraging us to write stories with deep, profound life messages and social commentary. :/

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
How profound should the shift in perspective be, do you think? I feel like our school teachers are encouraging us to write stories with deep, profound life messages and social commentary. :/
Work within your capabilities. If you feel that you struggle writing with "really profound" stuff then I'd stick with writing "less profound" stuff that is within your capabilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)