olmc got 20 min extra for english.. unfair!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

becca_lee

Yes thats right, olmc parramatta got 20 min extra writing time because their fire alarm went off during the exam- however they werent evacuated.. they kept writing for 20 minutes until it turned off.. and then when time was up, were allowed an extra 20 minutes to write. For those people who dont get distracted so easily, an extra 20 minutes really could have helped.. no doubt a lot of people could have done with it to finish their essays. They should have been allowed to file for misadventure, but no.. they got extra time.. UNFAIR

Counterfeit

HSC
I will end this thread with a quote what a very wise person once said:

Counterfeit said:
they got extra time - its not fair

people get given extra UAI points for dissadvantages that dont exist ... its not fair

locals are given preferance to enter certain universities ... its not fair

people get lap tops when theyre writing is perfectly fine ... its not fair

im dissadvantaged becuase i live in a low socio-economic area - its not fair

my teachers dont follow the syllabus - its not fair

i dont have a tutor - its not fair

i live an hour away from school - its not fair

my dog's name was Lear, it makes me emotional - its not fair

there was a kookaburra outside my classroom - its not fair

i had my period - its not fair

im too tall for the school desks - its not fair

FUCK PEOPLE! stoppit! stop it stop it stop it! STOP focusing on what you dont have going for you and instead focus on HOW you can better your UAI's. Whinging will get you nowhere because NOONE CARES! Your UAI depends on you... even if the people who got extra time get penalised due to your whinging u will have gained NOTHING,,,,

Thats all

Merry Studying, (it will do you more good that this whinging shit.)

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
when i first read the topic title i thought wtf? my old school even does the hsc? -olmc nulla

HSC
pffft u wouldnt know unfair.... since year 8 ive been working 15hrs to 20hrs a week during night times (including friday and saturday nights 4 30 to 11) and with this in mind , i dont even get paid (besides 20 dollars as weekly allowance) as well i have to keep up with school work and i was allowed to even be given those extra uai points because theres no official documents that can prove i have to work for my parents so there ....theres my little bitch for the night .......i even had to work the night before the english paper 2 exam..i specificaly asked for the night off too.

i know theres pple out there that have it worse then this so sorry if i sound like a little sissy, sorry :cool:

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
most of them bitches are stupid anyway...they needed that extra 20mins.

Rachel_M

Rachel_M
HSC
gosh some people can complain!

i am from olmc and i can tell you that the extra 20 minutes didn't really help at all...the alarm going off left most of us with splitting headaches because it was squealing away for ages and broke our concentration....even though the supervisor said we could keep going, most of us weren't writing anyway because we were covering our ears....

and besides, why do you all care so much? the fact that we got some more time doesn't affect how you did in the exam so stop bitching and get over it!

oh and fyi - the supervisor didn't just 'decide' of her own accord to give us extra time. As soon as the alarm went off, they contacted a Board of Studies representative who gave authorisation for the time.......AND a full report was filed to BoS.....so stop just assuming that you know whats going on!

Last edited:

Danoz The Great

HSC
becca_lee said:
Yes thats right, olmc parramatta got 20 min extra writing time because their fire alarm went off during the exam- however they werent evacuated.. they kept writing for 20 minutes until it turned off.. and then when time was up, were allowed an extra 20 minutes to write. For those people who dont get distracted so easily, an extra 20 minutes really could have helped.. no doubt a lot of people could have done with it to finish their essays. They should have been allowed to file for misadventure, but no.. they got extra time.. UNFAIR
I'd like to see you try to concentrate writing an essay whilst a fire alarm is going off.

Otherwise, shut up.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
zahid said:
most of them bitches are stupid anyway...they needed that extra 20mins.

Haha.. that was classic

Oh well, this will only adversely affect olmc IMO. A little bit like the Cheltenham situation. They will have tomatos thrown at them at train stations and get totally bagged out on everyone's blog. It's bad for their mood thru the rest of the HSC bloc.

green_fairy

mmm, absinthe
HSC
Intriguing i am said:
That jeporadises the HSC exam, in essence that is blatant cheating
Yeah im sure they planned for the fire alarm to go off midway through a HSC exam. What a great idea!!! lets set the fire alarm off and it MIGHT give us extra time!! what an advantage!!!! :rolleyes: That goes for everyone who keeps bitching on this thing about the extra 20 minutes. Think its time to build a bridge and get over it.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Exactly as Rachel M said. The fire alarms at OLMC are really painful and even if people did write as they were going off, they would have copped massive headaches.
They couldnt control it and I'm sure that if they had the choice they wouldnt have wanted really loud fire alarms going off or the ringing in their ears and headaches for the rest of their exam and that extra 20 minutes.
Anyway, do you think it would give them all an incedibly high mark or something? You're either prepared for your exam or not, if you know your stuff and are concise the 2 hours is sufficient. If you crap on and don't really know what you are saying in the first place then that 20 mins would be great, but you are going to do shit anyway with or without it.

_AmandA_

HSC
Get a grip idiot

I actually go to OLMC and i can tell you that the fire alarm going off wasn’t planned and wasn’t to our advantage!! it was actually due to the smoke detectors being set off in the science department and could only be turned off by the fire brigade when they got to the school.

it went off for exactly 18 minutes and 12 seconds and sounded like a dying cow! As much as you are trying to convince yourself of it, it doesnt get any easier to listen to after 10 minutes! I know this because that’s how long I stared at the clock for along with the majority of girls in my grade! and to UR advantage, not ours, the 17 minutes extra did shit all because it took at least 5 to get our train of though back to were it was!! For 3-7 girls it would have been great for the rest of us it wasn’t. Imagine having a middle ear infection like my friend Katie and having the alarm go off? Or having it go off for 18 minutes straight and echoing around a huge hall giving everyone a throbbing headache! Put yourself in our shoes, imagine being interrupted in you last hour by a screeching alarm while your trying to finish up a conclusion for an essay!

the 17 minutes extra was not out of line and was only give after the BOS had been notified of what had happened and had given their permission.

it's time for you to grow up and realise that were all in the same game, and instead of whining go and study because if you where really prepared for the exam then you wouldn’t be caring if we got extra time or not, but the fact that u probably did a crap job has motivated you to write abuse when u have no idea what the situation was like

Last edited:

green_fairy

mmm, absinthe
HSC
becca_lee said:
For those people who dont get distracted so easily, an extra 20 minutes really could have helped.. no doubt a lot of people could have done with it to finish their essays. They should have been allowed to file for misadventure, but no.. they got extra time.. UNFAIR

You people are so fucking competitive its ridiculous. Its so petty. If you didnt get the exam done in time thats your own fault so stop trying to make yourself feel better by bitching about other schools who maybe actually needed the extra time.

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
haha, i heard about this ... my sister goes to olmc, she thought it was a fire drill or something. i guess you can say its 'sus' all you like, but eh ... it happened, who cares.

got_ur_69

HSC
lol...i love how everyone gets worked up....there was no advantage to we, the olmc students.....theres like ur regular fire bell, and then the hall where we do exams has this siren (not dissimilar to an ambulance) and a recorded message....about 5 mins after the regular bell went off, so too did the other....any misadventure that the BOS may have given us (1-2 marks max) would not hav been sufficient compensation for the misadventure suffered.....
far from attacking anyone, please just realise that shit happens, and its like equilibrium...something happens to counteract the changes.....if anyone ever has any type of problem during their hsc exams, they can feel most free to apply to the BOS for consideration....

HSC
do you guys honestly think that they would of seriously wrote/concetrated effeciently if a fire alarm went off? use common fucking sense, fire alarms are loud and annoying (as intended) they needed thet 20min

AreYouAlright?

Actuarial Co-op 2006
HSC
YOU people DISGUST me, if you need 20mins extra time because you can't concentrate during an alarm.

What the BOS should of done was prescribe you all Ridelin or even Speed that's the only thing that could of helped you. Twenty minutes, what a joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)