Extension English people (1 Viewer)

d_a_n_z

HSC
How are you guys preparing for section two?
Like - basically planning ideas? Or are you going to walk into the exam with a creative learnt off by heart...?

enigma~

HSC
I think i'll do ideas, no prepared responses.

SlipStream

HSC
For Section II I've got a preformulated concept that runs along a few ideas, which I'll just adjust to suit the question. I'm not particularly worried about Section II - it's Section I that scares me a little.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Well, it depends what it is. If it turns out to be an "imaginative piece" then im doing a story. I already have about 10 possible ideas to do, so im not entirely worried. I have them in mindmaps where i can try and draw as many CF ideas as possible from it. Plus, im going to make sure i have some stereotypical conventions included so that it can convey i know what the genre means? If its some other text type then im screwed. Unless its a feature article, cos thats like an essay in itself. Im trying to watch as many Crime shows as possible so i can steal plotlines, or in case the creative is a script, then i can just regurgitate a scene or something? But other than all that, you cant really study so im hoping its a easy task or else, im doomed.

Section One's going to be considerably easier because i can actually study for it, but if they make the question really broad, then i will possibly be doomed for that too.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
d_a_n_z said:
How are you guys preparing for section two?
Like - basically planning ideas? Or are you going to walk into the exam with a creative learnt off by heart...?
there is already like three creative pieces i got in the back of my mind...and shitloads of ideas if they give a wierd question...like interview the author or something.

HSC
I'm just going for ideas- one based around characters from a prescribed text, and the other just a generic story.. if they ask a question where you are the composer of a text, then I'm just going to adapt the values and things from my essay. There's too much they can ask and I'm waaay too lazy to actually memorise a creative response.

05er

HSC
I've got my creative-narrative-type thing prepared, interview-type thingo prepared, society-type thingo prepared and a more generic genre thing prepared for X1.

adambra

HSC
Sweets said:
OMG everyone prepares so much. I just go in there and write whatever I feel like, for both sections.

I am going to fail
Don't worry, so will I.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
i've basically done nothing about extension for the past 5 weeks, i think im going to screw up hard, i only got 64 in my trials.

for the imaginative/creative thingy, i think ill plot up one where you write a creative piece in relation to one of the texts, and something i could write in relation to our whole topic (individual and society).

oh by the way........WHO HERE DOES INDIVIDUAL AND SOCIETY?!?!

everywhere i see, people are mostly in retreat from the global and crime fiction.....anyone doing i&s?!?!

d_a_n_z

HSC
i would just like to calmly and quietly vent my current thoughts of postmodernism...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! DIE YOU STUPID STUPID FOOL!!!!!!!! DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE.

dshajdhsajkhdo bqw 98brey3,mcjeoiu2093810`99*(&*(&*E@&( (and that phrase, ladies and gentlemen will probably be the most post modern thing i have ever produced. Perhaps taht will be my creative...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HSC
i wrote this piece of crap shitey story on revenger's tragedy where a guy owns a nightclub and then his arch-enemy comes and kills everyone..very sin city, but i got a crap mark for it. i think i failed. :(

does anyone know how to write a revenger's tragedy creative?
im stumped...

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
d_a_n_z said:
i would just like to calmly and quietly vent my current thoughts of postmodernism...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! DIE YOU STUPID STUPID FOOL!!!!!!!! DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE.

dshajdhsajkhdo bqw 98brey3,mcjeoiu2093810`99*(&*(&*E@&( (and that phrase, ladies and gentlemen will probably be the most post modern thing i have ever produced. Perhaps taht will be my creative...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
.....you need to go and fall asleep for atleast a day.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
rnitya_25 said:
i've basically done nothing about extension for the past 5 weeks, i think im going to screw up hard, i only got 64 in my trials.

for the imaginative/creative thingy, i think ill plot up one where you write a creative piece in relation to one of the texts, and something i could write in relation to our whole topic (individual and society).

oh by the way........WHO HERE DOES INDIVIDUAL AND SOCIETY?!?!

everywhere i see, people are mostly in retreat from the global and crime fiction.....anyone doing i&s?!?!
i'm doin i&s!!

yeah i know, no one else seems to do it... what texts are you doing? i've got p&p, dolls house and browning's poetry.

i'm remarkably chilled about the exam. i have an idea that i can mold for section two and for section one, i feel like i know everything well enough to do reasonably well.

why am i so calm?

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
hehee.....finally! im doing p&p, dolls house and north and south(novel). i hate the novel so im doing p and p and dolls house. i can't seem to find a want to study it either.....getting scared, but dunno what to do! oh well, good luck with it everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! free of english after MONDAY!!

nwatts

HSC
I'm a bit nervous about the creative writing part. I'm one who has to have something planned going in there, but so far I've really got no good ideas. :( Damn you crime fiction!

The essay, though, will be fine. Extension 1 essays are fun to write. :p

Kiev

HSC
N/A
You'd better get used to it, aiming to do creative writing @ uni...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)