Thread: NSW HSC to Vic VCE - What math textbooks/fully worked question books/past paper book?

HSC
    N/A

Post NSW HSC to Vic VCE - What math textbooks/fully worked question books/past paper book?

Hi,

I was going to do the HSC in NSW studying 2 unit maths and extension 1 maths, but am now doing the VCE. The way i understand it is i have to do Math Methods CAS which is equivalent to the above mentioned math syllabus in NSW.

I love the books i had in NSW, i had 4 textbooks, good summary books of the entire course with fully worked examples, and books with past papers.

Which textbooks/past paper books/ and books with fully worked examples are good for the Math Methods CAS course? And what calculator do you use, in NSW i was going to use the TI-84 Plus (and already bought one).
    Last edited by approach; 7 Oct 2011 at 6:05 PM. Reason: subscribing to it

RDX
    RDX 当前离线
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Re: NSW HSC to Vic VCE - What math textbooks/fully worked question books/past paper b

Calculators:
    http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/vce/studi...lculators.html
    The TI-84 isn't on the list unfortunately.

Back in VCE the textbook I used was Essential Mathematical Methods 3&4 by Cambridge, which was ok.

2007 - 2008 | Victorian Certificate of Education | 99.00
    2009 - 2011 | Bachelor of Commerce | The University of Melbourne
    2012 - Current | Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting | Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia

HSC
    N/A

Re: NSW HSC to Vic VCE - What math textbooks/fully worked question books/past paper b

Quote Originally Posted by RDX View Post
    Calculators:
    http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/vce/studi...lculators.html
    The TI-84 isn't on the list unfortunately.

Back in VCE the textbook I used was Essential Mathematical Methods 3&4 by Cambridge, which was ok.
    any idea why the TI-84 is banned? It seems strange i didnt think it did anything extra to the others that are approved.

BTW, i see you're doing BA Comm at MelbUni. I also want to go to MelbUni and do BA comm. What are you majoring in? Is it a good uni?

RDX
    RDX 当前离线
    HSC
    Uni Grad

TI-84 isn't a CAS calculator hence it's not on there. When I did VCE I used a TI-84 and it was still usable.

and yeah, Melbourne Uni is good.

2007 - 2008 | Victorian Certificate of Education | 99.00
    2009 - 2011 | Bachelor of Commerce | The University of Melbourne
    2012 - Current | Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting | Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia

Thread Information