clerical recheck success!!! no point nonetheless... (1 Viewer)

the_pun

HSC
I couldnt believe it when I got a letter from the Board of Studies today, and a letter from UAC yesterday - apparently my clerical recheck in English Advanced was successful. For those of you who said that ur UAI is a ranking and cannot change as a result of a clerical recheck, that is not true, for the UAC letter said something about being advised by the Board of Studies that my marks had changed, and they had given me a "revised UAI" which could be either "higher to or equal to" the previous one. Nonetheless, it was a letdown, as my "revised UAI" was the same as my original UAI (98.5), and the letter from BOS today said that whilst my mark had changed, it wasn't enough to change my final examination mark; UAC had still been notified of the change...(must have been a decimal pt difference)

ah well, still missed out on a premiers award by 1 mark lol :(

Alimoe_KG

HSC
woah. So you could potentialy get a higher uai. =O

lala2

Banned
HSC
Wow! You're a statistic! Laz has put up the stats somewhere in this forum--maybe the clerical recheck results thread?--and only a handful get their marks changed out of a few hundred that request a recheck, every year. How many more marks were you awarded?

Congrats on getting a better mark, even though your UAI wasn't changed, but it's still a magnificent UAI anyhow.

the_pun

HSC
lala2 said:
Wow! You're a statistic! Laz has put up the stats somewhere in this forum--maybe the clerical recheck results thread?--and only a handful get their marks changed out of a few hundred that request a recheck, every year. How many more marks were you awarded?
Congrats on getting a better mark, even though your UAI wasn't changed, but it's still a magnificent UAI anyhow.
ha thanks..lol yeah 2004 it was close to 1800 checks, 5 changes - so u can imagine i was excited when i found out, but then disappointed when i found out it didnt change! they said the change wasnt big enough to make a difference to my final examination mark, so it must have been in the decimal range; but UAC was still notified (as they use the raw marks i think)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
the_pun said:
I couldnt believe it when I got a letter from the Board of Studies today, and a letter from UAC yesterday - apparently my clerical recheck in English Advanced was successful. For those of you who said that ur UAI is a ranking and cannot change as a result of a clerical recheck, that is not true, for the UAC letter said something about being advised by the Board of Studies that my marks had changed, and they had given me a "revised UAI" which could be either "higher to or equal to" the previous one. Nonetheless, it was a letdown, as my "revised UAI" was the same as my original UAI (98.5), and the letter from BOS today said that whilst my mark had changed, it wasn't enough to change my final examination mark; UAC had still been notified of the change...(must have been a decimal pt difference)

ah well, still missed out on a premiers award by 1 mark lol :(
There there *pat pat*
My sister was in the same boat as you (one subject got 89).

Me, well, I'm just happy I got a UAI sufficient to get me into my first pref (or so I think).

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
rosepetal25 said:
yeah its recalculated. my friends uai went up by .1
two brackets? that's a pretty good change :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)