Ummn. Sum1 noe anithin about saline soil (1 Viewer)

Peek-a-boo!!!

HSC
Hey Evrione.!! !!:)
There is a dot point on identifying the naturally occuring saline soilin Australia. Do u guys noe where to find it ? I mean there should be a map for it? If u guys noe the website please tell me coz i couldnt find it anymore.

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
from http://hsc.csu.edu.au/earth_environmental/core/caring/9_4_3/943net.html#net1 :

identify regions of Australia with naturally saline soils

One naturally saline area is northern South Australia and southern Northern Territory with lakes such as Lake Eyre, Lake Torrens, Lake Frome, and Lake Gairdner. These lakes are the remains of a vast inland sea that once extended south from the Gulf of Carpentaria. During the dry season many of the salt lakes become salt-encrusted swamp beds or clay pans.
Parts of the Murray-Darling Basin have naturally saline seepages and scalds. Scalds are areas where salt has come to the surface, leaving a bare crusty area where nothing can grow due to the high salinity.
Parts of southern Western Australia have natural salt lakes.

not a lot but hope it helps. they have some pretty good stuff for a lot of the points on the syllabus.

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
well...not really considering those posts are all from last year.

HSC
(enigma) said:
well...not really considering those posts are all from last year.
yeah i realised that but if i needed help with something, i would check old threads/posts coz they still might help me.

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
mmm fair enough, kinda wish that posts got locked after having no activity for a year or something though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)