Should I do EES? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone,

I'm in year 10 now and we've been picking our subjects over the last few months. They've been stuffing me around quite a bit and I'm not getting Society and Culture and probably not Design and Technology.

I chose Physics and Ancient History as back up subjects, but they are all clashing with my art subjects (art, visual design, photography) which is my main interest.

The only stuff left on the lines to do is Maths, Modern History, Dance, Hospitality and Earth and Environmental Science.

I thought about Hospitality but I couldn't be stuffed having to spend my time doing work placement for something I don't even care about, when I could be doing my art stuff.

So that leaves EES. I've always been really interested in the environment and trying to save it... I've even been branded a hippy at school. :p

I'm interested in Evolution and how the earth has changed over time too... but I still don't know whether I should pick this subject.

My problem is, if I don't like something - I put no effort in. I know it's a crap attitude but I just can't help it. That's why I've been looking forward to year 11 so much, because I can actually do subjects I care about. (although it hasn't worked out like that exactly)

What exactly do you concentrate on the most? Do you enjoy the course? Are there people there willing to learn or just bludgers? Plus, is it a demanding course? I'm doing these subjects-

Advanced English
Studies of Religion II
Visual Art
Design and Technology (hopefully if they run a class)
Photography
Visual Design
EES?

Thanks for your help in advance guys,
Collette :)

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
if 'no effort' is what you do best, then ees is the subject for you

lala2

Banned
HSC
I don't do EES, but a lot of the EES candidates in my grade are just looking for a filler that is bludgy and relatively easy to do, so maybe that's the course for you, but I'm not the expert, so yeah...do you like Bio and evolution? it's a bit like Bio, cos we in Bio in Year 11 have two topics that are just EES essentially.

Hope all goes well

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Think bio and geography.

It's okay. It's a scaler-downer but it's okay. :)

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the help guys, but I don't think I'm doing it now...

School changed the year 11 lines around again... and now my stuff seems to fit mostly...

Sorry to waste your time, I really do appreciate your kindness though :)

Sk8ta Boii

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Think bio and geography.

It's okay. It's a scaler-downer but it's okay. :)
isnt earth a pretty good scaling subject coz its a science? and all science subjects scale well.?

wot mark do i need to get to give me high scaling for earth?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I don't know anymore considering I posted that about two years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)