Earth and Environmental Science Students 2008??? (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey,

I just realized that theres hardly anyone who uses the earth forums.....

but if anyone...anyone...out there who is really interested in this subject and would really want to get a high mark....please post here...so that we can discuss common things related to the study of earth and environmental science.

Well if you anyone doing earth reads this forum, I guess you do know that earth is like one of the last exams, thus giving us more time to study for it...how are you going to prepare?

hope someone replies...

henry08

HSC
N/A
Its good to see you are first in E&E, so was I. I too am aiming for a high mark in this subejct (at least 90) and would be happy to discuss anything to do with this subject.

I haven't really started revising much for this subject yet (will in the next few days) as I am priotising other subjects first I which the exam is clsoer and the content is mroe diffucuilt and lengthy.

What section do you find hardest? For me it is woudl be Tectonic Impacts.

HSC
henry08 said:
Its good to see you are first in E&E, so was I. I too am aiming for a high mark in this subejct (at least 90) and would be happy to discuss anything to do with this subject.

I haven't really started revising much for this subject yet (will in the next few days) as I am priotising other subjects first I which the exam is clsoer and the content is mroe diffucuilt and lengthy.

What section do you find hardest? For me it is woudl be Tectonic Impacts.
wow I cant believe someone replied

yeah EES is my favourite subject and I was quite pleased when I came 1st. Also my aim is to get 90+. Did you come first aswell?

well I've done a bit of revising for this subject, but not that much since its my last exam and I have quite a lot of days to study for it.

Um, the section I find the hardest would probably be environments through time only because you have to know what happened in the eons, eras, periods etc well. like the main events in earth, such diversifying of mammals etc.

What option are you doing? I'm doing introduced species.

henry08

HSC
N/A
Yes, I came first as well. 1/14 or 1/15 I think.

henry08

HSC
N/A
I done the option Organic Geology. happy to help/work together on the 3 core topics though.

I don't mind Environments though time and are happy to help you with it.

HSC
henry08 said:
I done the option Organic Geology. happy to help/work together on the 3 core topics though.

I don't mind Environments though time and are happy to help you with it.
cool.

how do you learn the main things that occured in the eras and periods?

what do you think I can do to learn it easily?

SH33P

k lol...
HSC
YEAH LOL EES!!!

haha ive been waiting for ppl who share some knowledge in this course haha!!!

im writing up notes for caring for the country atm (thats y im on BOS)...
yeah tectonics is a bitch only because i dont know much about where the plates meet up on the earth and i know nothing about interpreting their random diagrams and symbols... tss cbf learning it! i own ETT and IS though... theres heaps of shit to learn though thats the problem... and not many ppl do the course at all so when it comes to the exam they can really fuck u up in some Qs cause u arnt exposed to that kind of material... did any of u do the catholic trial papper? that was the biggest slice of dog shit (question wise) ever! the Qs wernt hard or anything it was just stupid... haha if u got a dp u need to know respond! lol

gtg i need to take a dip in the hamlin pools... hahaha lol ees joke i hope u get it haha

LinzyHodge

HSC
I do Earth! Tectonic Impacts kills me, I can't seem to memorise which volcanoes and their properties goes with each boundary.

I really like Earth, apart from that. We're doing Introduced Species as our option and I can't believe how simple it is =|

SH33P

k lol...
HSC
LinzyHodge said:
I do Earth! Tectonic Impacts kills me, I can't seem to memorise which volcanoes and their properties goes with each boundary.

I really like Earth, apart from that. We're doing Introduced Species as our option and I can't believe how simple it is =|
hey i got 1st in art 2... my films on youtube atm

its called "I am Edvard" its a stop-motion animation... what did u do for ur BOW

henry08

HSC
N/A
SH33P said:

its called "I am Edvard" its a stop-motion animation... what did u do for ur BOW
That's a very good film!!!

henry08

HSC
N/A
SH33P said:
YEAH LOL EES!!!

did any of u do the catholic trial papper? that was the biggest slice of dog shit (question wise) ever! the Qs wernt hard or anything it was just stupid...
I'm not sure. I think ours might have been the Independent trial. Can you scan it and post it up?

henry08

HSC
N/A
I had a look at the BOS reosurce section and soem of the E&E notes/sumamries are extrememly good and I'd reccomend you download them.

LinzyHodge

HSC
SH33P said:

I'll have to take a look at it!

I did fashion/conceptual photography on a really small scale (each photo is about 4x4 and there is 18.) Its hard to explain but basically its to do with Sadako and the Hiroshima bombing. Looking for hope, peace, etc. Its better then it sounds, I swear :p

HSC
SH33P said:
YEAH LOL EES!!!

haha ive been waiting for ppl who share some knowledge in this course haha!!!

im writing up notes for caring for the country atm (thats y im on BOS)...
yeah tectonics is a bitch only because i dont know much about where the plates meet up on the earth and i know nothing about interpreting their random diagrams and symbols... tss cbf learning it! i own ETT and IS though... theres heaps of shit to learn though thats the problem... and not many ppl do the course at all so when it comes to the exam they can really fuck u up in some Qs cause u arnt exposed to that kind of material... did any of u do the catholic trial papper? that was the biggest slice of dog shit (question wise) ever! the Qs wernt hard or anything it was just stupid... haha if u got a dp u need to know respond! lol

gtg i need to take a dip in the hamlin pools... hahaha lol ees joke i hope u get it haha
Hey thanks for joining the earth forum :)

I don't find tectonics particularly hard...but the environments through time topic i reckon is a bit challenging.

caring for the country is not too bad either, though there is quite a lot to learn as you said.

how many days do you get to study for the earth exam?

HSC
LinzyHodge said:

Welcome,

For tectonic impacts, try not to memorise it but to actually understand and learn why the processes are happening. that way you'll never forget it.

I also do introduced species as an option. What introduced species do you study?

Btw, your ranks are pretty good, although your school seems quite small.
what was your school ranked last year?

cheers :)

henry08

HSC
N/A
Caring for the country is so easy it is laughable, and it is also the msot boring part I found. Environments throguh time is interesting and not too bad. Tectnic Imapcts is okay and not too bad. Organic Geology is not too bad.

LinzyHodge

HSC
ConquerDiscover said:
Welcome,

For tectonic impacts, try not to memorise it but to actually understand and learn why the processes are happening. that way you'll never forget it.

I also do introduced species as an option. What introduced species do you study?

Btw, your ranks are pretty good, although your school seems quite small.
what was your school ranked last year?

cheers :)
Hi! Yeah, I've been trying to understand it and connect it all up but its just so much to remember!

I did the Cane Toad and Paterson's Curse for my case study, which turned out to be a good option as they were so easy. How about you?

Haha, thanks, we were ranked like 530 or so last year but that's all going to change this year because we actually tried.:haha:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)