2009 Earth Science Students (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hello Everyone.

Basically, I just wanted to make a thread for year 12 students who will be doing Earth and Environmental Science in 2009.

I did Earth Science for my HSC this year and it was my best subject. I got a mark of 90 (Band 6) for Earth in my HSC. My mark in Earth Science enabled me to get a pretty good UAI.

So yeah if any of the 2009 students have any questions related to Earth Science, just post here and I will try and get back to you. Also if you need any help with this subject, just PM and I will try and get back to you as soon as possible.

Other than that, any Earth student can basically just post here to discuss things related to Earth Science / Year 12 / School.

Cheers. :wave:

grame093

HSC
I am looking to buy Earth and Environmental Science - Preliminary by Imlay, 2nd hand (or older) for Year 11 2009,

Please contact me if you have this book and are looking to sell it

HSC
grame093 said:
I am looking to buy Earth and Environmental Science - Preliminary by Imlay, 2nd hand (or older) for Year 11 2009,

Please contact me if you have this book and are looking to sell it
Sorry dude but all my textbooks for earth was lent to me by the school. I'm pretty sure you can easily get the brand new copy of this book in the major bookstores.

But yeh :lol:

grame093

HSC
Well hey I think I know that! But it's a 2002 edition, someone may like to sell theirs!

faultline

HSC
Hey.

I also did EES in 2008 and got good mark (93). It scaled up my UAI loads.

What I came on here to share was this website that my EES teacher showed our class. It is seriously the best. I used these forum things before but never posted - but this was just to helpful not to show everyone. SO here is the link http://angelfire.com/sc2/ees

Have fun.:headbang:

HSC
Hey.

I also did EES in 2008 and got good mark (93). It scaled up my UAI loads.

What I came on here to share was this website that my EES teacher showed our class. It is seriously the best. I used these forum things before but never posted - but this was just to helpful not to show everyone. SO here is the link http://angelfire.com/sc2/ees

Have fun.:headbang:
Good link faultline, although it only really covered the tectonic impacts topic...

I have sum pretty good resources/links for earth, will post it here when I cbb to find them.

Cheers.

:)

gpoleweski

HSC
Woo! I'm a nooby! EES is the BEST subject...then Biology. It's just so interesting and such good knowledge, maybe not for everyday stuff but to showoff to people :lol:

Yeah, I'm Year 11 and not gonna drop it....EVER. Great link as well :)

Sprattboy

HSC
Hey, i'm Jamie .

2009 EES HSC Student :)

Bulli High School.

Best subject in world.

noturningback

HSC
Another earth and environmental science student here :)
what's with the lack of community/threads?

Surely this subject can't be that uncommon

Sprattboy

HSC
From what i can gather it is pretty uncommon. Not alot of teachers can teach it .

I know we are one of the only schools in my area that is teaching it, due to the fact the have a science teacher that can teach it.

james199109

HSC
Hey everyone. First post! I also do Earth and Environmental (year 12) and have been really put off by it due to having a very uninterested teacher. After reading some of these posts I must say I gained a little bit more confidence, previously I have been thinking it wont do my HSC mark any good? Is this right or wrong?..what does a high mark in E&E equate to in other subjects?

HSC
Hey everyone. First post! I also do Earth and Environmental (year 12) and have been really put off by it due to having a very uninterested teacher. After reading some of these posts I must say I gained a little bit more confidence, previously I have been thinking it wont do my HSC mark any good? Is this right or wrong?..what does a high mark in E&E equate to in other subjects?
hi there,

tbh, i think the subject scales well if you do good in it

getting 85+ in earth would scale well, just like in most subjects :)

HSC
Another earth and environmental science student here :)
what's with the lack of community/threads?

Surely this subject can't be that uncommon
hi,

yeah as someone said, not a lot of people do the subject

i think last year, less than 2000 students in nsw did it for the hsc.

but its a pretty cool subject, much more interesting than most of the other sciences i think.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Earth Science? E&E? What are you guys on about.

It's Earthies or EES, nothing else. Represent. :p

HSC
just though i'd post sum tips/ advice for people in year 12 doing the subject.

I think its nearly the half yearlys?

well, i dunno about other skools, but the half yearlys is pretty easy.

since its only the half yearlys, just revise the topics that you've covered so far.

if you've written up notes, go through those, or if not, just go through the textbook. study guides are pretty helpful for revision too.

also remember that they will only test you on what is written on the syllabus, so it would be good to just check that out as well.

with the actual exam, read the questions carefully.

multiple choice is pretty much straight to the point,

with the short response questions, try and answer it as succinct as possible and get to the point.

i think for the half yearlys in earth, most of the questions will just be short response which are worth like 3 or 4 marks each. there might be 1 or 2 long response questions,

you will get the marks for logical, detailed responses that makes sense and answers the question.

also look at how many marks is given for a question, u dont wanna spend too long answering a 2 mark question.

and get a good rest before the exam :)

thats all i can think of atm,

good luck guys :)

amyianson

HSC
Hey there :)
I was wondering if anyone could refer me to a tutor for HSC EES?
I am on the Central Coast of NSW.
Kind Regards

Amy I'Anson

ali xD

HSC
Heyyyyyyy
Wow first post!
I do EES. We have a pretty small class & its awesome!
We have always run it at our school, & the classes are always small. Donno why. I heard that it didnt scale that well, which would seem right since its not as acedemically rigorous as say physics (which i dropped-even tho i was topping lol)

Anywho, just wondering how ppl are finding the course, like easy or hard, what options you are doing etc.
=]

HSC
Heyyyyyyy
Wow first post!
I do EES. We have a pretty small class & its awesome!
We have always run it at our school, & the classes are always small. Donno why. I heard that it didnt scale that well, which would seem right since its not as acedemically rigorous as say physics (which i dropped-even tho i was topping lol)

Anywho, just wondering how ppl are finding the course, like easy or hard, what options you are doing etc.
=]
hey Ali, glad to hear you're liking the subject.

Yeah my school always ran EES too and the classes have always been small. I think its because most people are not into Earth-science stuffs lol.

And the people who say it doesn't scale well are wrong. I think that with Earth as well as with any other subject, it would only scale down if the mark is less than 70.

But I know that earth scales well because I got a Band 6 in it last year in the HSC and when I used SAM, it showed that getting band 6 in earth contributed the most in my UAI calculation so yeah.

I think getting 80+ in Earth and in most subjects would tend to scale fairly well, getting 85+ would definately scale up high.

Well if u have any other questions, just post it in the earth forums :)

Good Luck!

Cheers :music:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)