Thread: Likes and Dislikes of EES

Cadet
    HSC

Question Likes and Dislikes of EES

Hi just wondering, what do you like and what do you hate about EES?

HSC

Re: Likes and Dislikes of EES

Are you considering doing it for HSC?

Personally it's one of my fave subjects (I do ext 1 maths, adv english, chem, ees, drama)

- it's relevant because environmental issues are becoming more apparent
    - Personally, I like geology, so the first module Tectonic Impacts is really interesting
    - I guess I just find it interesting
    - The concepts aren't rocket-science, it's easier than Chemistry and Physics, which is a bonus
    - There isn't too much to learn compared to Chemistry

Dislikes
    - in the beginning, I found some of the topics a tad boring (there is a bit of stuff about soil), but I just looked at it as more knowledge for me to have (it's about your attitude)
    - apparently it doesn't scale well? But if you do well at it, it'll still be good
    - It's a small subject, so not as many resources (you've probably already noticed that on these forums)

Otherwise, if you like biology or ecology or geology, I would highly recommend it.
    Also lots of new job opportunities now, as people are taking environmental things more seriously

HSC

Re: Likes and Dislikes of EES

Yeah for EES, i too am an aspiring geologist or something around that field. The first 2 topics (that i did) Tectonic Impacts, and environments through time were good for me. Caring for country and my option Introduced species isn't the best but is still good.
    - Easy subject if your not good at it
    - With a rise in caring for ESD (ecologically sustainable development) jobs are beginning to skyrocket
    - If you wanted a job in mining (also a booming Aussie industry with many jobs) that makes money, this is the subject to choose
    Dislikes:
    - If something isn't your fancy, it will be difficult
    - Some schools as mentioned above, may not have appropriate resources for this course (mine did)
    - While scaling isn't the greatest, it is an easier subject, go well and it will not scale down. Come first in the course and you set the benchmark

Thread Information