Belonging Creative Writing Ideas (1 Viewer)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I have to write a 500 word story on Belonging but I have no clue on what to write about. Can anyone please give me ideas?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
kaz1 said:
I have to write a 500 word story on Belonging but I have no clue on what to write about. Can anyone please give me ideas?
I personally found the plot of the film, The Departed extremely relevant for the concept of belonging. In my own story, I will probably talk about that type of story, e.g. gangs, interaction among gangs, betrayal, acceptance, brotherhood and etc.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
I personally found the plot of the film, The Departed extremely relevant for the concept of belonging. In my own story, I will probably talk about that type of story, e.g. gangs, interaction among gangs, betrayal, acceptance, brotherhood and etc.
The only thing I remember about the Department was that I thought it was a shit movie because everyone died.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
The only thing I remember about the Department was that I thought it was a shit movie because everyone died.
I personally found it pretty intriguing. It was a poor ending but the rest of the film offset that.

samburnsy

HSC
Hi
i actually asked my teacher about writing a creative writing piece on schoolies, and however it makes sense and can fit perfectly, the concept behind schoolies..getting pissed..roots etc is very loose in a way that it is just for fun basically. I would say to go away from the schoolies idea just because it wouldnt stand out in the large scheme of things. Try searching on the net for related texts, other belonging essays and go from there, thats what i would advise
hope it helped

shaon0

HSC
Aerath said:
Wasn't that bad of a movie.

vustoxn

HSC
Read some books or watch some movies, take ideas from that.

Plot out at least 2 characters, if you have more then 2 for a short story dont flood them all in at once or the reader will get a bit confused. Plot the complication, how will the story convey belonging? just think of these write down ideas as them come and the rest should come for you then just write a story. Make sure your statment about belonging stands out even draw on persoanl experiences if you have to, they normaly help alot more than anything else.

bettina44

HSC
samburnsy said:
Hi
i actually asked my teacher about writing a creative writing piece on schoolies, and however it makes sense and can fit perfectly, the concept behind schoolies..getting pissed..roots etc is very loose in a way that it is just for fun basically. I would say to go away from the schoolies idea just because it wouldnt stand out in the large scheme of things. Try searching on the net for related texts, other belonging essays and go from there, thats what i would advise
hope it helped
my teacher told me that about 75% of creative writing pieces are on teenage angst ie girl/boyfriends,personal tragedies car accidents,cancer etc,shcoolies and picking up chicks.so it moght be a bit cliche if you write about schoolies,but i guess if its REALLY good you can make it work

saf123

HSC
you need ideas for creative writing?

that's generally not a good place to start.

bettina44

HSC
i also having trouble,i've got my idea-a baby in a womb being literally pushed away from where she belongs but i have NO IDEA as to how to go about it.perhaps u guys could help?

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
i think that gang idea is pretty good. in general i think its good to think outside the box. like in the hsc the markers are going to be bored of similar responses and a unique intriguing piece could set you apart

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
bettina44 said:
i also having trouble,i've got my idea-a baby in a womb being literally pushed away from where she belongs but i have NO IDEA as to how to go about it.perhaps u guys could help?

I did something very similar to that for my year 11 yearly exam. Our story had to focus on 'dystopias' though, so the story was quite pessimistic. About a baby in a womb, and its thought processes through the experience of giving birth. My ideas stemmed from absurdist drama and postmodernism, and it was really obscure, but i got 25/25- so go for it!!

mazzy015

HSC
why not trying to use the plot of an orphan child? like start off with how perfect her life is with her family and parents etc and then at the end be like but i sit in this orphanage wishing it would be one day :S lol

or you could talk about bullying?
and hav a moral behind it about rascism or sumthin?

bored of sc

HSC
Just remember, it's not really ideas that are cliche, it's the language that makes the ideas seem cliche.

SharaJayadevan

HSC
omg DO NOT ANALYSE A FILM.

this is becoz teachers look at it as an "easy way out" and it significantly influences their marking

the best related materials would be critiques, peoms, novels, and articles

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
SharaJayadevan said:
omg DO NOT ANALYSE A FILM.

this is becoz teachers look at it as an "easy way out" and it significantly influences their marking

the best related materials would be critiques, peoms, novels, and articles
This thread is about creative writing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)