Using extension english creative for belonging creative? (1 Viewer)

fatassmcfat

HSC
Hey, I was wondering if you used say for example an After the Bomb creative, or a Sci-Fi creative which contained all the elements of the EXTENSION syllabus as well as the BELONGING syllabus, would you be marked down simply because the markers know you are using the same story twice?

Machiavelli1

HSC
i dont see why you cant do that. just make sure it addresses the belonging syllabus and dont use it to save yourself time.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
You can in the HSC, however teachers often discourage this practice as students end up writing a story that is unrelated. Also, you are going to be in a pickle if the stimulus doesnt work.

For internal exams, your teacher may frown upon this and subconsciously mark you done on this basis.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
In HSC, they won't know because your papers will be marked by different people. However, don't do it internally because teachers can recognise and it can screw you over. As long as both creatives address the syllabus and criteria, run with it. But generally, not recommended.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You can, but I highly don't recommend it since extension english is very specific while advanced english on the other hand-the area of study is deliberately very broad, you might have significant trouble adapting to the stimulus with using such a specific story and also usually an extension english creative is more extensive than a belonging creative, so you will also have to think about how to cut down your creative to fit in the given time limit. Generally, it is better to have separate creative pieces-but it is up to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)