'DISCOVERY' related texts (1 Viewer)

siakhan

HSC
hey,

does anyone have any novels, ads, newspaper articles, poems etc. about discovery. Any type of discovery (personal,spiritual etc.)

thanks

siakhan

HSC
THanks guys, do you guys know any poems, like famous ones that show discovery

astroman

HSC
guys serious questions, is it true that our HSC english will be marked more generously considering we are the first cohort doing the new AOS? IIRC some1 said that a 15/20 essay last year would be equivalent to a 20/20 essay from when belonging was first tested, is it true?

HSC
guys serious questions, is it true that our HSC english will be marked more generously considering we are the first cohort doing the new AOS? IIRC some1 said that a 15/20 essay last year would be equivalent to a 20/20 essay from when belonging was first tested, is it true?
I don't think so...

Disfigurate

HSC
I do believe that we'll be marked more generously considering we're the first cohort doing 'Discovery'. However, I don't think that makers would be nice to the extent of a 15/20 essay being equivalent to a 20/20 essay. Even though 'Discovery' is the new Area of Study, we can still adapt some paradigms and concepts from the previous Area of Studies such as 'Belonging'. If you're good at writing, then you'll be able to adapt to any rubric or topic. So overall, I think we'll be marked more generously, but only marginally.

astroman

HSC
It's not our mark that will compensate for the fact we're the first to do discovery. It's the question.
but considering we will be the first to be tested without any prior resources or essays to look at, BOS might marks a bit easier.

essayqueen

HSC
N/A
Be very careful about relying on 'Journeys' resources for 'Discovery'; the rubrics are quite different

essayqueen

HSC
N/A
It wont be marked 'a bit easier'. Every cohort is marked based on their individual analysis of the prescribed and related texts and how well they answer the question. The fact that there is a new AOS will not change this.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
This isn't officially correct, but it's not completely wrong either. For us 2014ers to come up with something that seems fresh and original to a HSC marker on their fifth year of belonging is pretty damn hard, whereas for you guys it won't be as difficult to present something new.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (If its not a perscribed text?)

CanU_Not

HSC
Quick quesiton, do you guys look at prize-winning novels/texts to decide? How do you know if something is "appropriate"?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Quick quesiton, do you guys look at prize-winning novels/texts to decide? How do you know if something is "appropriate"?
Look at the RUBRIC for Discovery (After the 24th I'll be looking at the discovery rubric/perscribed texts and offering my suggestions for related texts)

You should be able to draw links between perscribed, and related text
You should have different forms of discovery, i.e self, world etc (Whatever it says in the RUBRIC)

The related text doesn't have to win any prizes, you can do movies, picture etc..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)