Discovery is david karlak's 'the candidate'? (1 Viewer)

jelllyyy

HSC
Can anyone please help me form some key points about discovery in david karlak's short film, the candidate?
here is the link -> http://vimeo.com/42934682
I am analysing this film in relation to the tempest.

Fiction

HSC
oh LOL

I tried doing this for my related and gave up on it, but here are a few very brief (and obvious) examples from the top of my head;

Discoveries can be sudden -> use a quote at the end when the protagonist discovers that rather than being recruited into the secret society, he's on it's death list. I think - there's a quote that goes
"And they have to know?"
"Absolutely... essential"
In regards to the nominee's knowledge about their situation. Ironically, discoveries can be planned -> as seen through the behaviour of the member of the secret society who attempts to recruit the protagonist.

Discoveries = based upon need for change --> Use a quote from the beginning where's he's all hating and going jelly over his "rival" for sucking up etc. Alternatively you can use filmatic technique and be all like the comparison of the mid shots showcasing the protagonist and his rival (I've forgotten their names) highlights ____something about power/change/etc____

Another good quote I think went something along the lines of "Like workers... for a queen bee" - when he's talking about the old dude with whiting hair --> You can easily relate that to desire for change b/c conformity/ power or motivation/potential for discovery etc

Good luck! :) and s'cuse my poor wording haha

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)