CSSA English aos paper 1 (1 Viewer)

breitil

HSC
So paper 1 is over (i'm assuming for most people), how did you guys find it? I personally hated the stimulus for the CSSA paper

teridax

HSC
N/A
section 1: first extract had some weird ass pastiche alongside some text regarding a movie review - so literally had to bs how the combination of visual and written texts demonstrates the myriad of external forces that influence the process of discovery. rest of short answers were fine tho, considering that this is definitely the new trend (i.e. 3/3/3/6)

section 2: wasn't a fucked up stimulus, the format was just similar to last year's aos paper. just included the first one and regurgitated my creative lol

section 3: pretty generic; significant discoveries can have challenges and surprises? easily adaptable to any decent memorised essay

overall, wasn't a terribly difficult paper, but this has me wondering on whether paper 2 is gonna screw us up tomorrow

for that reason, idk how i'll memorise my 3 essays by today lmao

Last edited:

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
Yeah I didn't find it too bad, stimulus and essay qn were relatively easy, at least compared to what I had been preparing for

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
did the two cunts climb a fucking castle, or a fucking mountain?
Literally what I was thinking while reading it

A castle though, I'm pretty sure. I don't think I actually said this though, I'm pretty sure I just referred to "climbimg"

breitil

HSC
Lol same i was so confused, I left comprehension last though and i avoided the climbing story for the 6 marker

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
Lol same i was so confused, I left comprehension last though and i avoided the climbing story for the 6 marker
Same, plus I couldn't see how I could really draw that much meaning out of it

Lol for section 1, I accidentally only spent 30 mins on it @ the beginning of the exam, and then went back later and had to do asterisks and write extra stuff.
It's a relief to know that I'll only have to do 1 short answer section ever again, it's definitely (at least for me) the most difficult part of paper 1

studded

HSC
I centralised all of my responses to Section I's questions on extended metaphors, and I had enough time to write only one paragraph for creative. :cook:

astroman

HSC
I centralised all of my responses to Section I's questions on extended metaphors, and I had enough time to write only one paragraph for creative. :cook:
1 paragraph only!? was it a 7 page paragraph?

astroman

HSC
quality over quantity but quality usually comes from quantity so quantity over quality

breitil

HSC
That's me with maths, biggest regret farout. My goal is 9 pages for every module, cos i usually write that much. But three 40 minute essays is insane man i'm so worried, especially for module c

BlueLucario

Star-Lord
HSC
fudge I wrote they climbed a moutain. fml I hated section I & I was going to run out of time so I skipped the 2nd question. AOS and creative were pretty easy to adapt though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)