Journey To The Interior- Discovery??? (1 Viewer)

Treedom

HSC
So we were given a task by our teacher where we basically just had to write an essay to answer this question;

‘Discoveries may compel individuals to affirm, or challenge, their perspectives on themselves and the wider world.’ To what extent does this statement reflect the ideas represented in TWO texts you have read?

We were asked to use Journey To The Interior by Margaret Atwood and The Door by Miroslav Holub to answer the question but I'm having some difficulty seeing the discovery aspect to Journey To The Interior as I get this strong journeys vibe from the text (I mean even the title has 'journey' in it!). At which point in the poem does the persona really have their perspectives challenged or affirmed as a result of discovery???

With The Door I do understand the sense of discovery it conveys but I'm not sure how I could really use it to answer the question as I see Holub to mainly just be encouraging the reader to embrace discovery and "go for it" rather than suggesting anything on affirming or challenging perspectives. Help is greatly appreciated! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)