English Discovery Ideas!! (1 Viewer)

emma_01

Thicc Boiii ;)
HSC
Hi guys...ik its like ages (kinda) for the HSC for the yr 12's but like I am already procrastinating for the creative writing for discovery!?!?!

I am like outta all ideas and all of them are either really lame or cliché :eek:

If u guys have any ideas plz share them coz im lost...?!?!

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Hard to ask for ideas because you can literally write about anything ever in the history of everything. The only thing to help you pick is the fact that you need to avoid cliches like high school, bullying, etc.

It would be easier for you to shoot ideas out and ask if they're good or cliche

emma_01

Thicc Boiii ;)
HSC
haha that's true..lol
idk like I was kinda thinking of like...maybe someone has died a while back in the family and they left something behind..e.g. a jewellery box or smthing... and then like one day the family is moving house and daughter/grand daughter finds it and then has flashback of memories blah blah blah..think you get the picture? idk that sounds really lame and cliché to me but idk??

Orwell

HSC
What the fuck? You're starting creative writing already?

I'm worried now...

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC

I'm worried now...
Some schools do discovery in term 1 though but probably not a creative, but most likely an essay. Yeah it's kinda early lol especially with upcoming assessments which are more important to study for than a creative coming next term and beyond.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
There's some discovery and belonging creatives in our resources sections, feel free to check them out for some inspirations.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
haha that's true..lol
idk like I was kinda thinking of like...maybe someone has died a while back in the family and they left something behind..e.g. a jewellery box or smthing... and then like one day the family is moving house and daughter/grand daughter finds it and then has flashback of memories blah blah blah..think you get the picture? idk that sounds really lame and cliché to me but idk??
That sounds fine to me :) And hopefully the prompt in the exam will be something you can work into that idea.

I'm worried now...
My teacher made us do our creative writing piece early Term 1

Dragon9000

HSC
N/A
Get good kids. My school has an assessment due this week that we are doing currently where we do an essay, creative writing and some reflection on what makes our related text good and the features of our creative writing.

emma_01

Thicc Boiii ;)
HSC
haha lol yh it is early but my teacher keeps on telling us to start practicing creative and essay writing :uhoh:

so yh kinda needed a few ideas coz I am soooo bad at both of them :( ima die in HSC :cry:

cats0601

HSC
I have a creative writing assessment tomorrow and an essay tomorrow on discovery :////////

ALawrence

HSC
Hi guys...ik its like ages (kinda) for the HSC for the yr 12's but like I am already procrastinating for the creative writing for discovery!?!?!

I am like outta all ideas and all of them are either really lame or cliché :eek:

AVOID CLICHES at all costs. Avoid the 'A's: alcoholism, addiction, abortion, abuse, adoption, etc....You can come up with an idea without resorting to these. Flashbacks to a jewellery box or something could be okay as long as you write it well and in a sophisticated manner. Represent those characters with their motivations clearly as this will give depth to your story.

Last edited by a moderator:

ALawrence

HSC

take inspiration from stuff around you - your settings, if you've been to any other countries, use something if you study history, if you speak another language etc. etc. good luck!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)