Will I lose marks in the hsc? (1 Viewer)

rubbing

HSC
N/A
My prescribed text is Away (play) and one of my related texts is Romeo and Juliet (shakespearean play). My teacher said it would be fine as its shakespearean. However when I received my feedback, it said that I need to pick a related text of a different text type.

If I continue to use Romeo and Juliet, will I lose marks?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
You won't but it would be better to have a different type to show your knowledge of various text forms.

mmm345

HSC
i recommend the short story " Big World" By Tim Winton

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
You probably won't but it might be better to do a different text type so that you can show how the form of something affects the type of techniques

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think realistically it depends on how much time you have, i.e. if you have enough time to work with another text and you are confident you will do well, then by all means go for it. However, if you don't have much time before your trials, just use the one you already have but make sure you perfect your ideas so it remedies the shortcomings of being same text type, you may also consider finding another short related text to supplement if you can, but it is second priority to perfecting your essays and practice essay plans before your trials.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
You might actually get a question on textual form, which means that it would be better for you to have related texts that are different from your prescribed text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)