Discovery and Techniques in 23 Degrees 5 Minutes (1 Viewer)

KitKat3012

HSC
Okay so I'm currently studying the Tempest at school and for my related text I chose 23 degree 5 minutes. It's really cute watch it. But I'm having troubles finding common themes and ideas that are displayed in both text (as well as techniques to support these ideas).

I was thinking of doing themes such as:
The relativity of Truth
The relativity of Time OR The complexity of Human Relationships
Exploration

But there may be more common themes and ideas. Do you think I should do these concepts or are there better concepts that I should use. If there are any links to analysis about 23 degrees 5 minutes please share them!

PLEASE HELP. Low key panicking

captainhelium

water enthusiast
HSC
Okay so I'm currently studying the Tempest at school and for my related text I chose 23 degree 5 minutes. It's really cute watch it. But I'm having troubles finding common themes and ideas that are displayed in both text (as well as techniques to support these ideas).

I was thinking of doing themes such as:
The relativity of Truth
The relativity of Time OR The complexity of Human Relationships
Exploration

But there may be more common themes and ideas. Do you think I should do these concepts or are there better concepts that I should use. If there are any links to analysis about 23 degrees 5 minutes please share them!

PLEASE HELP. Low key panicking
I didn't do 23 degree 5 minutes but I have heard of it. Your concepts sound interesting but just make sure you can link each idea back to Discovery. For example, how does the relativity of time relate to discovery? Is it that through one's emotional/spiritual self-discovery that they are enabled to exhibit this relativity or perhaps dilation of time? (I haven't watched it so I really don't know lol). Remember that A.O.S isn't just analysis on key themes (that would more be Module B kinda) but more about conceptual ideas about Discovery.

Also, you've probably seen these sites but I just did a quick google search of 23 degree 5 minutes and saw two sites which could possibly help. The first one is just relating ideas of Discovery to the film and the other is an actual essay from a student who did The Tempest and 23 degree 5 minutes (but it costs around $2 I think).

http://discoveryhshs.weebly.com/uploads/1/3/2/5/13254685/23degrees_5minutes_booklet-2.pdf
https://sellfy.com/p/Y51N/

Just be calm and do your best :) Be sure to send practice responses to your teacher to mark to make sure you're on the right track. English wasn't my strong suit in the beginning of Year 12 btw so don't take my advice too close to heart haha.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)