Guide to Area of Study (1 Viewer)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Area of Study
my brother is now in year 12 and he was just asking me how on earth to remember all this stuff for Ive decided instead of just telling him I should post my own advice so others can benefit as well. I should mention that Lazarus had a hand to play in the guide too! I just padded it out :)

So, here it goes:

AOS by Gummy_bear
Firstly, listen to your teacher in every lesson. It seems so obvious, but really, many people prefer to talk or doodle in their notebooks and they miss out on a lot of key information. Your teacher may be old or mean, but they know what they are talking about, a lot more so than anyone else you could ask.

Every lesson, make sure that you have your book open, pen in hand. Even in a lesson where your teacher is just discussing the text or talking about what seems like nonsense, they will come up with valuable info on the spot and may not remember it next time.
You need to be ready to write down anything that is useful to you. Teachers often talk about a text off the top of their heads and cant give you notes on what they said as they did write it down, so you have to.

When going through a song or poem, if you have the words in front of you, annotate it. It becomes a lot easier to study than reading through a whole page of notes or a pre-prepared response that your teacher made up. Using these annotations, you can easily create you own response that will have all the valuable information you need.
Just highlight the techniques and write next it what the technique is and what effect it has on the reader.

Always ask questions. I can hear many of you saying ‘duh’, but some people find it embarrassing to ask questions, thinking that others will laugh of think they are stupid. I used to think like that, until I realised that if I don’t know something and I don’t ask about it, I will be jeopardising my education.

Just ask away, anything you need.

On asking questions, if you don’t know the meaning of a word, ask. Your teacher will be able to explain it better than a dictionary and they will be able to put it into perspective for you.

Now, teachers..
If I see people on here winging about how bad their teachers are I will scream! If you cant cope with you teacher, think they are bad at teaching, do something about it!

Ask your principal if you can move classes, and if there is only one class, then get extra help, the money you pay for a tutor will be worth it once you get that good mark and can get into uni.
if you cant afford a tutor, there are plenty of people on here that can help you. I love english and am willing to help anyone. Ive just helped two 2006ers with related material and im happy for people to PM or email me as im sure many other 2005ers are. Or you can get a moderator to help you, or there are teachers who roam this site, will to help!
Don’t just sit there winging about how horrible your teacher is, do something about it!

Ok, now onto essays.

Ive had quite a few people ask me how to memorise an essay. Well, firstly, if you are going to take this approach, make sure your teacher approves of the essay first.
Then, make sure that this essay can be tweaked to answer the question, there is no point in writing a brilliant essay that has nothing to do with what is asked!

If this is all good, here is what I did:

Grab your essay, read through it and write down the main points and quotes. Read through it and make sure that you will be able to link these points in an exam, relating them to the question.
After this, write down the key words that will help you remember the key points. For my essay I whittled these key words down to 10, which I remembered in order and used in the HSC, relating what I was saying to the question.

Some people may not find this way easy, there are many other techniques, you just have to find one that suits you. You may find it easier to re read all your noted over and over, in your head or out loud. You can always tape your essay onto a tap recorder and play it everywhere you go.

Another technique I used was to grab 2 A2 pieces of paper and write down all the key points and quotes and stick them on my wall. I would read these whenever I was bored, waiting for a page to load or when the ads were on TV. Did I remember these points? Yes I did!

And short answer responces, those little questions such as, 'how does the composer convey blah blah blah?'

This is a nice way to remember what do include:

Use TEE to remember to always write:

1. The technique used.
2. an example of this technique.
3. The effect it has on the viewer.

you wont get full marks if you dont have all of these!

So, what ever you do, make sure it suits you,
I hope you guys have found it useful in some way.
Good luck and god bless!

Gummy_bear

Last minute guide to Paper 1 - Area of Study!

* Reading Time

Read the paper thoroughly TWICE. Then focus on the section that you are going to do first and think carefully about what you're going to say and how you're going to say it.

If you don't understand a question: if you can't answer the question very simply in your head ("how does the composer do this?" "he does it by doing that..") then I would leave it and come back to it when you have a bit more time to think about it. The reading time isn't there to stress you out!

Oh, and another thing: read the rubrics (dot points) - they will tell you exactly what you will be marked on.

* Section 1 - Comprehension

Be aware of the various techniques used by composers to convey meaning:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=10375

Answer the question - always read your answer a second time and ASK YOURSELF, "Does this answer the question?"

There are rarely trick questions in this section - in fact I don't think I have ever seen a trick question.

Part i) usually asks you WHAT the composer is telling you; part ii) will ask you HOW. Don't mix up the two.

If it asks you to explain ONE thing, ONLY explain one thing.

Allocate your writing time according to the mark distribution. For a question worth one mark, it's not worth writing a page and a half.

The very last question: 'Compare and contrast' means exactly that - compare the texts you have studied in both meaning and technique. What are the similarities, and what are the differences? Which is the most EFFECTIVE text (perhaps for a particular audience) and why?

For this question you DO NOT need an essay structure; you DO NOT need an introduction or conclusion. You should not retell the meaning of the plot or explain how the techniques create meaning; you have just done this in the previous questions. Jump straight into comparing the similarities and differences if that's what they're asking you to do.

* Section 2 - Creative Writing

Our English moderator (anti) has developed a comprehensive guide to creative writing:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=44069

Don't be too complex: a simple idea can be very effective.

Make sure your piece answers the question or the stimulus text, although this can be done subtly.

* Section 3 - Extended Response

* If you do this section last make sure you have at LEAST 40 minutes in which to write it.
* Read the question. Make sure you understand: audience, purpose and context of the question.
* Plan your response before you write it (you can write all over the question booklet if you like) - or maybe on the last page of your answer booklet (but cross it out afterwards so they don't mark it!)
* Refer to the correct number of texts
* Make sure you are answering the correct question - you will be talking about the specific type of journey you have studied this year (Inner, Imaginative, Physical).

Standards Packages - Actual responses written by past students when they sat their HSC exams, exemplar responses scored full marks (100%) and band 5/6 responses scored 90%. They're available in the resources section on the main website.

Definitions of the types of journeys:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=25472

Questions from the old AOS on "Change" are available here; you may be
able to adapt them to "Journeys":
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=9660

How to contruct an AOS Essay (from ETA):
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=44354

Lists of supplementary texts in each subforum:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=44

* Overall

Spend a maximum of 40 minutes on each section. You should find yourself finishing section 1 with plenty of time to spare, so don't waste this time - start immediately on one of the other sections, and readjust your timing of the other two sections.

Spend some time planning your response before writing it. Messy writing or crossed out sections / arrows reduce the quality of your response (you won't be marked down, but it's harder to read - imagine you're a marker at 9pm who's just read fifty other responses!)

Always always make sure you answer the question. I can't stress this enough. Leave some time to check your answers, and make sure they answer the question. Ask yourself 'is this relevant?'.

GOOD LUCK!

Markers comments are the most valuble source for an individual to strive to get to the top band. I cant stress enough how important it is for keen english students to take the time out to read and higlight key aspects. Read them alongside the HSC paper, as most papers will follow the same format. Take special notice to the 2004 AOS paper as it concerns all of you. The thing I've noticed is that the comments are in much more detail and give you comments on your prescribed texts and on the stimulus material itself. The 2004 ones are given below, but please dont forget about the other previuos years, even though the AOS is different, they are still on the lookout for the same things.
Paper:http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/hsc2004exams/pdf_doc/english_std_adv_p1_04.pdf
Comments: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/hsc2004exams/pdf_doc/english_std_adv_er_04.pdf
Here are some questions that i have complied. Feel free to add on some questions. Take a random text and pick a random question listed. This should help you practice analysing and writing responses for it :)

Paper I, Section I

+Identify ONE technique that is used in this text to communicate the notion of "Journeys" (1 mark)
+How has the composer used techniques to to illustrate the journey presented? (3 marks)
+Evaluate the effects of TWO techniques used in the text to convey the concept of a journey (2 marks)
+Explain how the graphics enhance the idea of the journey (2marks)
+How does the text relate to metaphor of the road journey and the concept of life? (3 marks)
+Which TWO texts best convey the concept of the metaphor of the road journey? (5 marks)
+Explain how the composer of the text conveys his/her mesage about lifes journey (2 marks)
+Explain the message that the composer uses is giving the responder in this text (2 marks)
+What type of journey is the persona undertaking in the text? (1 mark)
+Explain THREE texhniques the composer uses to explore this journey (3 marks)
+Which one of the these texts presents the idea of a road journey most effectively? In your answer, make references to TWO texts (6 marks)
+How do all three texts demonstrate a different intepretation of "life as a journey"? (6 Marks)
+Explain how the concept of the journey is represented in the text (3 marks)
+How do all three texts demonstrate connections between life and journeys? Refer to all THREE texts in your answer (6 marks)
+Each text explaores several points of view about the journey. Choose TOW of the texts and compare how these points of view are represented in them (5marks)
+Explain the journey in the text (2 marks)
+In what way does the text relate to the idea of journeys? (2 marks)

Paper I, Section II
+"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware"
Compose a piece of writing that explores a journey that has been overlooked.

+"We will build new ships to carry man forward into the universe, to gain a new foothold on the moon and to prepare for new journeys to the worlds beyond our own"
Compose a pice of writing that explores a journey of discovery.

+"Journeys are an extension of personal boundaries"
Write a letter to your relative about a recent journey you have encountered, discussing the above quote

+"Heroes take journeys, confront dragons, and discover the treasure of their true selves"
You are a contributor for the magazine "Inspirational journeys", which is based on personal stories that people send in for publishing. Compose a piece that relates to "Instpirational journeys". You may write from any point of view you like.

+"I have seen men hazard their fortunes, go on long journeys halfway around the world, forge friendships, even lie, cheat and steal, all for the gain of a book"
You are writing as a contributor to the Sunday newspaper which publishes under the heading "Everyone has a story to tell" each week. Using the quote above, compose a story that includes the quote with the notion of the journey.

+You are invited into a radio station as an expert on Geographical landmarks of the world. Write a transcript relating to the quote "Journeys broaden the mind to allow the understanding of the world"

Paper I, Section III
+"Imaginative journeys take us into worlds of inspiration, speculation and imagination". Discuss this statement with reference to your prescribed text, ONE text from the stimulus booklet and TWO texts of your own choosing.

+Write a letter to the editor convincing them that your focus journey should or should not be kept for next years area of study. Explain your with reference to your prescribed text, ONE text from the stimulus booklet and texts of your own choosing.

+"Continual improvement is an unending journey." Discuss this statement in regards to the journey of personal growth and development with reference to your prescribed text, ONE text from the stimulus booklet and texts of your own choosing.

+"You must remain focused on your journey to greatness." Write a radio transcript interviewing an expert in journeys that are conveyed in different texts. Refer to your prescribed text, ONE text from the stimulus booklet and texts of your own choosing.

Last edited by a moderator:

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Markers Comments and Past HSC Papers

Markers comments are the most valuble source for an individual to strive to get to the top band. I cant stress enough how important it is for keen english students to take the time out to read and higlight key aspects. Read them alongside the HSC paper, as most papers will follow the same format. Take special notice to the 2004 AOS paper as it concerns all of you. The thing I've noticed is that the comments are in much more detail and give you comments on your prescribed texts and on the stimulus material itself. The 2004 ones are given below, but please dont forget about the other previuos years, even though the AOS is different, they are still on the lookout for the same things.
Paper:http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/hsc2004exams/pdf_doc/english_std_adv_p1_04.pdf
Comments: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/hsc2004exams/pdf_doc/english_std_adv_er_04.pdf

Last edited:

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Possible Exam Questions

Here are some questions that i have complied. Feel free to add on some questions. Take a random text and pick a random question listed. This should help you practice analysing and writing responses for it :)

Paper I, Section I

+Identify ONE technique that is used in this text to communicate the notion of "Journeys" (1 mark)
+How has the composer used techniques to to illustrate the journey presented? (3 marks)
+Evaluate the effects of TWO techniques used in the text to convey the concept of a journey (2 marks)
+Explain how the graphics enhance the idea of the journey (2marks)
+How does the text relate to metaphor of the road journey and the concept of life? (3 marks)
+Which TWO texts best convey the concept of the metaphor of the road journey? (5 marks)
+Explain how the composer of the text conveys his/her mesage about lifes journey (2 marks)
+Explain the message that the composer uses is giving the responder in this text (2 marks)
+What type of journey is the persona undertaking in the text? (1 mark)
+Explain THREE texhniques the composer uses to explore this journey (3 marks)
+Which one of the these texts presents the idea of a road journey most effectively? In your answer, make references to TWO texts (6 marks)
+How do all three texts demonstrate a different intepretation of "life as a journey"? (6 Marks)
+Explain how the concept of the journey is represented in the text (3 marks)
+How do all three texts demonstrate connections between life and journeys? Refer to all THREE texts in your answer (6 marks)
+Each text explaores several points of view about the journey. Choose TOW of the texts and compare how these points of view are represented in them (5marks)
+Explain the journey in the text (2 marks)
+In what way does the text relate to the idea of journeys? (2 marks)

Paper I, Section II
+"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware"
Compose a piece of writing that explores a journey that has been overlooked.

+"We will build new ships to carry man forward into the universe, to gain a new foothold on the moon and to prepare for new journeys to the worlds beyond our own"
Compose a pice of writing that explores a journey of discovery.

+"Journeys are an extension of personal boundaries"
Write a letter to your relative about a recent journey you have encountered, discussing the above quote

+"Heroes take journeys, confront dragons, and discover the treasure of their true selves"
You are a contributor for the magazine "Inspirational journeys", which is based on personal stories that people send in for publishing. Compose a piece that relates to "Instpirational journeys". You may write from any point of view you like.

+"I have seen men hazard their fortunes, go on long journeys halfway around the world, forge friendships, even lie, cheat and steal, all for the gain of a book"
You are writing as a contributor to the Sunday newspaper which publishes under the heading "Everyone has a story to tell" each week. Using the quote above, compose a story that includes the quote with the notion of the journey.

+You are invited into a radio station as an expert on Geographical landmarks of the world. Write a transcript relating to the quote "Journeys broaden the mind to allow the understanding of the world"

Paper I, Section III
+"Imaginative journeys take us into worlds of inspiration, speculation and imagination". Discuss this statement with reference to your prescribed text, ONE text from the stimulus booklet and TWO texts of your own choosing.

+Write a letter to the editor convincing them that your focus journey should or should not be kept for next years area of study. Explain your with reference to your prescribed text, ONE text from the stimulus booklet and texts of your own choosing.

+"Continual improvement is an unending journey." Discuss this statement in regards to the journey of personal growth and development with reference to your prescribed text, ONE text from the stimulus booklet and texts of your own choosing.

+"You must remain focused on your journey to greatness." Write a radio transcript interviewing an expert in journeys that are conveyed in different texts. Refer to your prescribed text, ONE text from the stimulus booklet and texts of your own choosing.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Ive decided to dig some up :)
Tenille said:
SECTION 2

Write a letter to one of the composers of the texts you have read in the reading task. present your point of view on the ideas they have expressed.

'It is not the journey in your life, but the life in your journey that matters' write a speech to a group of people explaining this concept.

You have been asked to submit a piece of writing based around the concept of the journey, for a popular teen magazine. write an interview exploring this concept.

'The journey home would not be easy' write a story using these words as an opening or closing.

SECTION 3 - Use your set text, one text from the stimulus booklet and at least TWO additional text for each of the following

You have been asked to give a talk to a group of young people on the subject of 'journey t the unknown'.

'No journey is worth the risk', discuss this statement.

Prepare a website page on the topic of physical/inner/immaginative journies that includes a discussion of your aos set text, one text from stimulus booklet and related texts. include a brief description of your visual representation that will support your website.

'Ultimately we journey through life alone' discuss this statement.

You have been asked to interview the composer of your set text about his/her preceptions of physical/inner/immaginative journies for radio 2JK, on an afternoon radio talkback show.

'The journey is a voyage of discovery' discuss this statement.

'It is not the ourney that is important, but the journey in your life'. discuss this statement.

a journey can bring challengers that are both positive and negative.

is it the journey of the arrival that is most difficult?

You have been asked to participate in a discussion group of backpakers who are discussing the topic 'the value of travel'. the purpose of this forum is to discuss whay you have learned about the nature of physical/inner/immaginative journeys.

You are writing an article for a sunday magazine entitled ' is the journey more trouble that it is worth?'

in a classroom revision discussion at the end of their hsc course stdents are discussing assumptions underlying representations of journeys.

imagine members of the parents and citizens association of your school want to understand more about senior studies in english in 2004. they have asked for a student to attend a meeting and give his/her impressions of the concept of the journey as it has been developed by texts. write a spech as you would deliever it to the meeting.

'English texts these days don't give students anything to think about'. in a letter, write to a talkback radio host on whose program this has been said, giving your considered response in relation to physical/inner/immaginative journies and commenting on the ways the text you have studied portrayed people, events, ideas and societies.
Supra said:
CSSA 2004:
"The journey leads to greater understanding." Discuss how this greater understanding is represented by composers in different ways. refer to prescribed text, one BOS text and additional texts of ur own choosing
undo said:
Question 2:

Write a letter to a friend in which you talk about how a journey into memory is triggered for you.

This journey may be triggered by any stimulus

Do not sign your own name at the end of the letter :rofl:

Question 3:

Discuss how effective the composers of the text you have studied in the Area of Study have been in representing (physical/inner/imaginative) journeys that have challenged our thinking and broadened our understanding of our own world.

In your response you should support your ideas by referring to your prescribed text, ONE text from the prescribed stimulus booklet, Journeys, and at least ONE other related text of your own choosing.
greeninsanity said:
Question 3:

"The journey's destination is not as important as what we discover along the way"

Write a feature article exploring the ways in which journeys confront us with experiences which challenge us.

In your repsonse, you must refer to your core text, one text from the stimulus booklet and at least one text of your own choosing.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I read somewhere on here that any one of these text types could be used :(
I don't know how do do half of them...

Text Types
News reports
Feature articles
Speeches
Interviews
Letters to the editor
Editorials
Travelogues
Information reports
Cartoons
Documentaries
Travel brochures
Travel Guides

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
goan_crazy said:
I read somewhere on here that any one of these text types could be used :(
I don't know how do do half of them...

Text Types
News reports
Feature articles
Speeches
Interviews
Letters to the editor
Editorials
Travelogues
Information reports
Cartoons
Documentaries
Travel brochures
Travel Guides
For one thing I have my doubts you'd be specifically told to script a documentary - though I suppose it may be possible. Similar deal with cartoons. Though if you want to be sure, give the advice line a buzz.
Secondly, travelogue essentially means journal/diary while travelling, a record of your journey as such.
So here are some things for a journal/diary/travelogue:
  • Each entry should have its own level of structure ie a beginning, middle and some sort of ending. BUT if you have several entries they work together to form a cohesive piece.
  • Also remember who is to be reading this piece - is it a private entry or is it a public blog? For the private journal will in many ways be a far more "intimate" style of writing, while blogs are often far more littered with witticisms of some kind or another. In both of these styles though, there is a degree of reflection and a more casual register than in narrative or essay form.
  • You also must remember the why of the entry - to examine incidents or provide psychological insight into the person you are writing. Thus your language would shift in accordance to the way your character percieves/feels about certain things. For example when the character is angry, sentences may be shorter and more contracted to exemplify that emotion and so on.
Some basic stuff on radio interviews:
  • Set the scene first off - a good way to do this is to have your announcer/interviewer name the station, introduce who they are interviewing and why etc. For example "Announcing Dude: Welcome listeners to103.BLA weekly interviews. My name is Bla McBla and today we welcome Hannibal Lecter's chef Blara Bland on our 'foreign cuisine' special. Welcome Blara, now exactly what do you put in those lovely steak dinners your restaurant serves?"
  • Once you have set the scene, you use the bulk of the interview to discuss your issue(eg Orlando Bloom the 8th:'there is an alligator wearing my tutu and it stole my train ticket!' or Ginger Spice:'I love travelling on boats - sea sickness is sexy" etc.) in what should be a conversational yet formal tone ie write as you speak, but still be formal.
  • Also don't forget to sign off when you have finished your discussion, with brief concluding commentary and refernce to the radio medium and what not. For example you should give your appreciation/thanks to the people/person you interview and farewell then sign off with something vaguely along the lines of "Announcer: Well listeners I hope you enjoyed our show this evening" etc.

Television interviews: These are pretty similar to radio interviews except that you can make reference to the camera and to a limited extent the movements of the interviewer and interviewee eg
Sandra Sully: So did you kill that kangaroo?
Camera pans toward Supa Bla as he shifts uneasily
Supa Bla: I..err..of course I didn't Sandy.

I'll post up the other mediums later if I have time - remember though that you need to know a lot of this stuff in the Advanced module paper as well - so make sure you practice in other mediums as much as possible.

Gummy_bear

HSC
Studying for AOS - A quick guide

2006 Area of Study Kiddies:
my brother is now in year 12 and he was just asking me how on earth to remember all this stuff for Ive decided instead of just telling him I should post my own advice so others can benefit as well.

So, here it goes:

Firstly, listen to your teacher in every lesson. It seems so obvious, but really, many people prefer to talk or doodle in their notebooks and they miss out on a lot of key information. Your teacher may be old or mean, but they know what they are talking about, a lot more so than anyone else you could ask.

Every lesson, make sure that you have your book open, pen in hand. Even in a lesson where your teacher is just discussing the text or talking about what seems like nonsense, they will come up with valuable info on the spot and may not remember it next time.
You need to be ready to write down anything that is useful to you. Teachers often talk about a text off the top of their heads and cant give you notes on what they said as they did write it down, so you have to.

When going through a song or poem, if you have the words in front of you, annotate it. It becomes a lot easier to study than reading through a whole page of notes or a pre-prepared response that your teacher made up. Using these annotations, you can easily create you own response that will have all the valuable information you need.
Just highlight the techniques and write next it what the technique is and what effect it has on the reader.

Always ask questions. I can hear many of you saying ‘duh’, but some people find it embarrassing to ask questions, thinking that others will laugh of think they are stupid. I used to think like that, until I realised that if I don’t know something and I don’t ask about it, I will be jeopardising my education.

Just ask away, anything you need.

On asking questions, if you don’t know the meaning of a word, ask. Your teacher will be able to explain it better than a dictionary and they will be able to put it into perspective for you.

Now, teachers..
If I see people on here winging about how bad their teachers are I will scream! If you cant cope with you teacher, think they are bad at teaching, do something about it!

Ask your principal if you can move classes, and if there is only one class, then get extra help, the money you pay for a tutor will be worth it once you get that good mark and can get into uni.
if you cant afford a tutor, there are plenty of people on here that can help you. I love english and am willing to help anyone. Ive just helped two 2006ers with related material and im happy for people to PM or email me as im sure many other 2005ers are. Or you can get a moderator to help you, or there are teachers who roam this site, will to help!
Don’t just sit there winging about how horrible your teacher is, do something about it!

Ok, now onto essays.

Ive had quite a few people ask me how to memorise an essay. Well, firstly, if you are going to take this approach, make sure your teacher approves of the essay first.
Then, make sure that this essay can be tweaked to answer the question, there is no point in writing a brilliant essay that has nothing to do with what is asked!

If this is all good, here is what I did:

Grab your essay, read through it and write down the main points and quotes. Read through it and make sure that you will be able to link these points in an exam, relating them to the question.
After this, write down the key words that will help you remember the key points. For my essay I whittled these key words down to 10, which I remembered in order and used in the HSC, relating what I was saying to the question.

Some people may not find this way easy, there are many other techniques, you just have to find one that suits you. You may find it easier to re read all your noted over and over, in your head or out loud. You can always tape your essay onto a tap recorder and play it everywhere you go.

Another technique I used was to grab 2 A2 pieces of paper and write down all the key points and quotes and stick them on my wall. I would read these whenever I was bored, waiting for a page to load or when the ads were on TV. Did I remember these points? Yes I did!

And short answer responces, those little questions such as, 'how does the composer convey blah blah blah?'

This is a nice way to remember what do include:

Use TEE to remember to always write:

1. The technique used.
2. an example of this technique.
3. The effect it has on the viewer.

you wont get full marks if you dont have all of these!

So, what ever you do, make sure it suits you,
I hope you guys have found it useful in some way.
Good luck and god bless!

Gummy_bear

p.s. please excuse the poor spelling and grammar, I know all about journey, but cannot spell to save me ^^

Last edited:

shockwave6653

HSC
Re: Possible Exam Questions

Some past Area of Study essay q's:

"The journey leads to greater understanding"
-Discuss how this greater understanding is represented by composers in different ways

"The journey, not the arrival, matters"
-Discuss this statement, focusing on how composers of texts represent the concept of journey

"Any journey includes both realities and possibilities"
-To what extent do the textx you have studied support this idea?

-To what extent has studying the concept of physical, imaginative or inner journeys expanded your understanding of yourself, of individuals, and of the world?

"Every journey involves change and transformation"
-How has your understanding of the nature of the journey been shaped by the texts you have studied?

"Any journey always has some obstacles to overcome"
-How has your understanding of the nature of journey been shaped by the texts you have studied?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)