How BADLY do your rankings affect your UAI? (1 Viewer)

-X-

HSC
N/A
I know these types of questions have been asked heaps of times but this is a little different. :p

Say my ranking was last for every subject (no not me, im exagerating :D). Then in the HSC, i my marks were all above 85% for all subjects. What will then happen to my UAI? How will it scale down?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
theres no change in the system. they will still get the average of your exam + assessment

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
If you're ranked last in every subject... (even at a Selective school), you're in trouble!

(Of course, some motivational speakers might say that, BoS might adjust your Assessment marks because they are abnormally low, but don't count on it.)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
but if the last mark is still 90% then thats still good conisdering everyone got above 90 and most definitely will in the hsc as well

Metho NoX

Yeh, i'm in the same situtation...well not ranked last but above average (in 20-30s/100) people.

If I put everything into the HSC and get around 85% or higher in all subjects will it be possible to get a uai above 75?

bella_puba

HSC
Yeah im in the same boat i am ok in everything bar maths and i have a extra unit so hopefully i will do ok if only one unit of maths and my relo mark is counted. did i mention I HATE MATHS.
i want 70 or above

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
mm i'm wondering about this as well. damn ranks.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ragerunner
but if the last mark is still 90% then thats still good conisdering everyone got above 90 and most definitely will in the hsc as well
Or that might just be an indication of the quality (or lack of) in the exams.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Yeah, I think your rank won't adversely affect your marks if EVERYBODY doing that course at your school gets marks in the same range. Unlike the bell curve. Everybody hates bell curves. Say it after me: Everybody hates bell curves.

Umm.. where was I?

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by anti
Yeah, I think your rank won't adversely affect your marks if EVERYBODY doing that course at your school gets marks in the same range. Unlike the bell curve. Everybody hates bell curves. Say it after me: Everybody hates bell curves.

Umm.. where was I?

Lol anti... i agree though

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by anti
...Unlike the bell curve. Everybody hates bell curves. Say it after me: Everybody hates bell curves.

Umm.. where was I?
Bell Curves are great! (As long as I'm at least 2 Standard Drinks from the Median.) ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)