a question on ranking (1 Viewer)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
hey, i wanna know if the guy who comes first in my english first, bombs out on the hsc...does that affect me? (i'm coming like 5th)

also can u explain to me how "if your class generally altogether get higher maks, your moderated marks will be higher"?

i thought that u only needed the highest, hsc mark (which is the top students assessment mark) and then you (who doesn't come first) get a moderated mark from the top hsc mark- according to your "relative difference"?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
If he bombs out in the HSC the only affect may be the highest exam mark may not be as high. It doesn't really affect you as you still receive the 5th highest mark.

If your class generally altogether gets higher marks in the HSC then thats a good thing. It means the distribution of those marks will be high and thus a high HSC Mark.
From after all the assessments is done you can think of it as what my teacher calls it "A TEAM EFFORT. As getting higher marks as a team will be beneficial

If you don't come first you don't get the highest hsc mark as your assessment mark.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
If your class generally altogether gets higher marks in the HSC then thats a good thing. It means the distribution of those marks will be high and thus a high HSC Mark.
hmm... correct me where i'm wrong:

i thought that what matters is the highest exam mark in the class and relative difference...

eg. if one guy kills the hsc then thats enough for everybodys assessment mark to be larger...since from there they will use RELATIVE differences (on top of the higher marks) to sort out all the other assessment marks of the class.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)