Uai Seeker? (1 Viewer)

-X-

HSC
N/A
Hi
I dont understand how that can supposedly calculate our UAI when it doesnt ask for our rankings? When it asks for the "Aligned Marks" is that the RAW HSC mark or something else?

Also, when they say our assessments are 50% and the HSC is the other 50% of our marks, do they mean the RANKS or the actualy marks for the assessments? I dont understand how they will use ranks to determine the first 50% of our marks (since everyone is saying our marks are not important but ranks are).

Thanks

-X-

HSC
N/A
Ok i read that before but didnt understood it well. Reading it again helped lol. So am i right in saying that the total marks of every student (school assessment) is distrubuted to the students (one ranked first getting the most marks). Now this well be their first 50% of the final thing. Now doing the HSC exam, they will average the mark u got in the HSC exam with the school assesment mark (ie mark that was distributed) and this will give u ure HSC mark?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by -X-
I dont understand how that [the UAISeeker] can supposedly calculate our UAI when it doesnt ask for our rankings? When it asks for the "Aligned Marks" is that the RAW HSC mark or something else?
As outlined in the UAISeeker manual, the aligned HSC mark is the average of your aligned examination mark and your moderated assessment mark. Your school ranks are used in determining your moderated assessment mark, and hence the input assumes that your ranks have already been accounted for. At no stage does the program deal with raw marks.

Originally posted by -X-
I dont understand how they will use ranks to determine the first 50% of our marks (since everyone is saying our marks are not important but ranks are).
In addition to the thread spin spin sugar pointed out, I'll direct you to - Explanation of HSC Marks.

Originally posted by -X-
Now doing the HSC exam, they will average the mark u got in the HSC exam with the school assesment mark (ie mark that was distributed) and this will give u ure HSC mark?
Essentially. :)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
yeah.. well.. sort of.. i think you're on the right track?

to account for different teaching styles and school types, the top moderated assessment mark (i.e for the person ranked first) is set as being whatever the top external exam mark is. e.g say at a selective school the top person's mark was only 80, but then they got to the exam and got 95, their internal mark gets set at 95 and then their overall hsc mark becomes an average of the internal and external marks.

-X-

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by spin spin sugar
yeah.. well.. sort of.. i think you're on the right track?

to account for different teaching styles and school types, the top moderated assessment mark (i.e for the person ranked first) is set as being whatever the top external exam mark is. e.g say at a selective school the top person's mark was only 80, but then they got to the exam and got 95, their internal mark gets set at 95 and then their overall hsc mark becomes an average of the internal and external marks.
So if im comming first in a certain subject and my moderated assesment mark is 80, then i do the hsc and get 90. They will then assume that my assesment mark will also be 90 right?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Terminology is a bit muddled, but essentially - yes.

-X-

HSC
N/A
heheh yeh i know. Just to make sure, what i said above only applied to ppl comming first right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)