HSC marks (1 Viewer)

Avicenna

I heard that a student's raw HSC mark is used when calculating his/her UAi....so why does the BOS give us our moderated HSC marks if they aren't used for the UAI?????????????????

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Not everyone wants to go to university.

The Raw HSC mark is used by the UAC to scale it and produce the UAI.

The moderated HSC Mark is shown on your record of achievement that you receive.

You can see this from this flowchart :)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by Avicenna
I heard that a student's raw HSC mark is used when calculating his/her UAi....so why does the BOS give us our moderated HSC marks if they aren't used for the UAI?????????????????
The Board claims that "raw marks have no meaning", and refuse to release them on that basis. They have no reason for restricting the release of scaled marks.

With luck, that will soon change.

Originally posted by Avicenna
is there usually a small difference between the raw HSC mark and the aligned one we receive?
As no statistics are released relating to raw marks, and they're not released to students, no-one has any factual information about the differences between the two. However, it is generally accepted that, on average, aligned marks are at least higher than raw marks; most are inflated so that they fit into the 50 - 100 range.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
A couple of reasons why they give you and I aligned HSC Assessment and Moderated marks is because in most cases you don't want your RAW mark (they aren't usually high). Also, they can tamper with the marks as much as they want and feel like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)