Using UAI seeker - Little help Laz ? (1 Viewer)

sepul

HSC
Hello, just was after a bit of help/info reguarding the UAI seeker.

So the aligned marks are the marks AFTER the BOS has "had their way with them".

So then, what are the "Scaled HSC marks" next to the "Aligned Marks" ? Are they your raw HSC marks ?

Also I was wondering, if I got say 75 in IT as a raw mark, will the BOS scale this up any to show on my HSC results, or will it go down ? I'm really not sure as it's quite a low scaling course.

Thanks a lot

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I guess you can say the aligned marks are AFTER the BOS "had their way with them". But technically you would call it after they have been changed to fit performance bands.

The Scaled marks are the marks that the UAC uses to calculate your UAI. This is never revealed to you.

For a 75 in IT as a raw mark, BOS will 'align' it (typically upwards).

However, the UAC takes this 75 and 'scales' it.

The aligned HSC mark you get in your record of achievement cannot be compared with other subjects and does not play any part in determining your UAI.

sepul

HSC
Yeah I just needed to know if the BOS would scale IT up or not, because in the UAI calculator you put in your Aligned marks which are the marks after the BOS has had their way with them.

So you're saying the marks on my HSC results play NO part in determining the UAI ? Is the UAI based soley and holey on your results in the HSC exams ? NOT including your assessment mark as well ? That being the assessment mark only used for HSC results.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Originally posted by sepul
So you're saying the marks on my HSC results play NO part in determining the UAI?
That is correct. There is no comparison between those marks and your UAI. However, the very cool UAISeeker will take those marks and determine your UAI in 2001/2002 quite accurately. Don't ask how it's done. It's very technical.

Originally posted by sepul
Is the UAI based soley and holey on your results in the HSC exams ? NOT including your assessment mark as well ? That being the assessment mark only used for HSC results.
That is incorrect. The UAC takes your Raw HSC mark and scales that. The HSC Mark consists of the average of your assessment + HSC exam mark. Which means they both play an equal amount in determing your UAI.

Refer to this diagram here that I have made. It will explain it.

http://users.on.net/unix/hscprocess.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)