Just to clarify... (1 Viewer)

Abide

Wie gehts?
HSC
N/A
Just to clarify...

is it overall beneficial to a school if say, someone got 100% in the HSC, and the rest of the group averages between 30% in the HSC? Do they base the others' marks from the relative difference between them?

Kurby

HSC
N/A
i thought they matched ur assessment mark with ur HSC mark..
say if u topped all ur subjects at school, then the top HSC mark your school gets (if it's u) is your assessment mark.
so if you top everything AND the HSC itself, then your really independant from how your school performs.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by Abide
is it overall beneficial to a school if say, someone got 100% in the HSC, and the rest of the group averages between 30% in the HSC?
I don't see it how it would be; it is always better if more students perform at a higher level.

Originally posted by Abide
Do they base the others' marks from the relative difference between them?
Yes.

Originally posted by Kurby
i thought they matched ur assessment mark with ur HSC mark..
This is only true for the student ranked first (and usually for the student ranked last, though not always). The marks may vary for intermediate students.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Doesn't it also benefits the school if someone got 100 in the HSC, that means the moderated assessment marks of all other students below will also being pull up?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by Survivor39
Doesn't it also benefits the school if someone got 100 in the HSC, that means the moderated assessment marks of all other students below will also being pull up?
Yes - my answer to the previous question was decided mainly due to the specification that the rest of the class would average around 30%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)