lowest possible english mark to get over 90UAI (1 Viewer)

elseany

HSC
okay well i hate english, with a passion and im going to do shit at it. i was just wondering what is the lowest mark you know someone has gotten in english while still getting a uai of over 90?

im currently at a selective school,, its not that great, were like low 30's apparently, i do ext2 math, phys and chem and in all most my subjects i could probably pull of high band 5's. so yeh say all my marks in the other subjects are around the 88 mark, whats the lowest possible english mark i could get so as to get a uai of 90?

thanks for the help, hope all that babble made sense

HSC
why don't you try putting values into SAM?

my guess would probably be high 70's for you to be safe.

hiddenagenda

HSC
u do adv or standarD? since ur selective prob adv yeH? 60 will fuk u up baadddd =/ soz 2 b blunt. BUT. it aint hard 2 pwn hsc nd get 80! jus gota change how ur approachn eng rite now! actuali botha 2 heed teachas comments, and change ur essays till shes completely happy with it. keep it round 1000 words 4 each module/ AOS, so u have room 2 adapt 2 question. MeMORIZEEEE all 4 essays + creativ writn practice (which shud b round 800w) we got 10weeks... so shud b pretty easy. aite gluk! =]. and SAM only works accurate if u input ur Scaled skoolmarks, not tha ones on ur report.. buh i dont think most skools giv u that info =/

webby234

HSC
N/A
My friend did exactly the same subjects as you, got 86 in English and got 99.6 UAI, but he completely owned everything else.

I went to a selective school ranked in the mid 20s and also hated English with a passion. In the end I managed to get 87 in English, and low 90s in my other subjects (the ones that counted were the same as what you do except cosmology instead of chemistry) which got 98.6.

You won't get 60 in English - that would put you close to the bottom of the state, and you do go to a selective school. You should be fine getting mid-70s at the very least, as long as you aren't at the very bottom of your school. Combined with high band 5s/low band 6s that should easily be enough for 90.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
it really depends on what you get in the other subjects really.
if you get what you will say you will get for maths phys and chem then a band 4 should be sufficient.

ThomasF

Hit the Dew
HSC
Surely it must be more difficult to write in that manner then regularly typing out your words and sentences?

anderu

HSC
dude I have exactly the same problem as you!!!!!!!!!!!

Im sooo shit at English sitting at like 60% while the highest at my school are at the 80% but the marks are so close 1 mark and you are down like 10 ranks so Im ranked like 80~90th out of 120

so Im trying right now to achieve a 100 HSC chem and phy mark if thats possible

hoping to scrap at least 70 in Eng and get a +95 UAI

stupid English...

perfekshunist

HSC
omg you guys have problems over english? geeeez i hate math!! i thought only 2 units of it was bad! but 4units? thats crazy :eek:

shona1990

HSC
Ugh yeah, I have the same problem. I worked out my averages for assessment marks etc, and its only 60% for english while its mid-high 80s for all my other subjects (legal, maths, bio, senior science), so I'm aiming to get band 6 for everything else, while working up my english to hopefully around band 5 (I hope. Would be happy with a mid-high band 4 though). I just find english sooo much harder to study for, and I feel like I get so much more done in an hour of legal than an hour of english... So I sort of don't bother.

redherring

HSC
perfekshunist said:
omg you guys have problems over english? geeeez i hate math!! i thought only 2 units of it was bad! but 4units? thats crazy :eek:
haha- i hate maths too.
if maths was a tangible thing i would kick its a*s:burn:

kewlu

Banned
HSC
English are good subject two do.

I do fore units off it. It be good.

HSC
elseany said:
okay well i hate english, with a passion and im going to do shit at it. i was just wondering what is the lowest mark you know someone has gotten in english while still getting a uai of over 90?
Ok i know someone whos brother did the uai and got 68 in english adv, and got a uai of 91.25

HSC
I feel i should elaborate, this person got:

Eng ; 68
SDD ; 74
Chem ; 78
Eco's ; 81
Math Ext 1 (2) = 96
Math Ext 2 (2) = 91

So even with a relatively poor english mark you can do well

williams180

HSC
yeh i was wondering same thing as well . Im coming 1st in two subjects (economics and business) 2nd in geography like 5th in general maths and like 35/100 in adv english . Should be able to band 6 economics , geography and business and high band 5 general maths wat u guys reckon i would need for english adv to get above 90 cheers

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
I know somebody who got 96.9 with:

Maths Extension 1: 95
Maths Extension 2: 85
Physics: 93
Chemistry: 87
SDD: 91
English: 77

;)

lyzzidc

HSC
The guy last year who got the highest UAI (like a 98.6 or something) got a band 4 in english

chousta

HSC
hahah sean......maybe you would do better if u actually did work in english.....(ps. i go to school with this dude)......Srad....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)