100th percentile (1 Viewer)

Huy

HSC
N/A
With the 100th percentile, yes, you are 1st in the state (nobody else beat you, unless you want to talk about those sharing the same UAI as you)

:)

With 100.00 UAI, you are equal first along with 21 or so other students (male and female).

(I believe there were 22 students on 100.00 UAIs in 2002, thereby placing them in the top 100th percentile).

Or... I could be completely wrong, but that's what I think :)

Jeo

yes, I was talking bout percentile. ok, so huy, you will be the only one with 100 in IPT? :(

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Jeo
yes, I was talking bout percentile. ok, so huy, you will be the only one with 100 in IPT? :(
Oh, I understand now.

You mean to say: "percentiles for subjects/HSC courses"

I thought you meant: "state percentiles for the HSC", my mistake.

But yes, if you are on the 100th percentile, for any subject, you will be ranked 1st (naturally).

But if you are in the 100th percentile in the State, then you will be sharing 1st place with many other students from all across the State, who are equally (or more capable) than you are, sharing that 100th percentile/1st ranking.

(Since this was the UAI prediction forum, I thought you were talking about 100th percentiles when it came to UAIs and State-wide percentiles or "overall" percentiles :))

I don't think I am on the 100th percentile for IPT, no.

Mid 90 ish, somewhere there.

But at my school, yes, I am ranked first (although that doesn't mean I'm in the "hundredth percentile"? I'm a little hazy here).

Equally, coming last doesn't mean you were in the "0th" percentile (or does it? I am confused myself now, :confused: )

:)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
Equally, coming last doesn't mean you were in the "0th" percentile (or does it? I am confused myself now, :confused: )
It does, for you will be better than 0% of the candidature. :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
all the people who get in the 100th percentile would have been ranked first in the class, wouldn't they? it's probably not necessary but i can't see how it could happen otherwise. hmm... i suppose it could, rarely.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
all the people who get in the 100th percentile would have been ranked first in the class, wouldn't they?
You can rank second and still get percentile 100th.

But you will need to do really really well in the Exam.

N

ND

A related question: Is 100 (aligned mark) only given if a 100% raw mark is achieved?

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
I think it will depend on the subject, but then again, Laz best answer this :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)